PDA

View Full Version : your fav qd towel?

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
12-12-2013, 06:35 AM
So we established the "dry me crazy" drying towel is one of our favs, but now lets here your ideas on quick detailing towels or your go to final wipe down towel. I was thinking angora?

HateSwirls
12-12-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm looking for a good one, the ones I have now are really plush and don't dry it ofF well, after I wipe the QD the paint is really wet and have to go over it a few times to dry it which we all know the more we touch the finish the better chance of getting swirls.

So I'm curious to read what others are using.

Subscribed:dblthumb2:

jankerson
12-12-2013, 07:18 AM
I use the Gold Cobra Towels. :)

swanicyouth
12-12-2013, 07:38 AM
A waffle weave - 16x24". QDs are liquids. Right?

(clean car).

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I like the Chinchilla's for QD, waterless, and rinseless washes and the gold towels for the final wipe.

dpk20x
12-12-2013, 08:23 AM

(clean car).

Waffle weaves certainly seem the way to go for detail sprays and spray waxes. Swanic do you have a certain brand you prefer? I've got a couple Meguiars WWs I've been using but need to get some more eventually.

aim4squirrels
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM

(clean car).

Waffle weave towels are awesome for QDing a clean car or using as a drying aid, but is it something you'd want to use is you were removing a dusting/ slightly heavier dirt? I would be worried they don't have any nap to pull the dirt up and into the towel away from the paint. I thought that's where the higher GSM towels shine. Perhaps that's what you were implying with the (clean car) tag.

I like the Chinchilla's for QD, waterless, and rinseless washes and the gold towels for the final wipe.

This is exactly why I hit the Purple Super Plushes when they went on cyberbuster a week ago. I figured the 16 x 24 size might actually be beneficial to rolling back the leading edge to maximize towel usage when completing a rinseless wash. Probably get one more pass on each towel side. I must admit a bit of trepidation in buying brand new microfibers to load up with dirt.

Tangential question: I picked up a bottle of the Pinnacle Rinseless Wash with Carnauba on a cyberbuster as well. It mentions rinseless wash as a 1oz to 2 gallon ratio, but that it could also be a QD at 3oz to 32oz of water. That seems significantly more concentrated, and potentially usable as a waterless wash. Or, is that bad practice to use a rinseless product in a waterless manner?

Klasse Act
12-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I use the blue GG mf towels for my QD needs and have a gray, thick towel for using spray wax, it came with one of BF products, maybe a Cobra something or another?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

a g thang
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I like big boy ultra plush 530 pak shak towels for qds, they just feel right.

Sent from Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)rex

Bigbull2984
12-12-2013, 12:40 PM
For QD towel I like to spread with the Pakshak Ultra Smooth, and buff out with Gold Plush Jrs.

ousooner2
12-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Bath towel.

SANTA3013
12-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Waffle weave is what works for me.

Harry Da Hamster
12-12-2013, 02:23 PM
I have a confession to make. I'm the biggest "value" advocate and often i'd argue how nice Costco towels are...

...but i broke down recently and bought a boat load of "nice" MF towels. I bought 20 Pakshak "Big Boy" super plush all purpose MF towels, 2 Pakshak "Silver Surfer" polishing MF towels, and the fine folks at Pakshak threw in a FREE "Silver Surfer" long nap QD MF towel and a FREE Waffle Weave drying MF towel to try out. I'm pretty stoked with my new investment. Used them once so far for a GDWM wash and they were a dream to use.

For QD use, ideally you would want a longer nap. I'd highly recommend the Pakshak "Silver Surfer" long nap towel. But if you're like me and you want the best bang for the buck and versatility, get the "Big Boy" super plush MF towel. I would also highly recommend the "Silver Surfer" polishing MF towel to buff after the initial wipe with QD.

silverfox
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Waffle weave may sound like the obvious way to go, and they do work great ....if the car has just been washed and rinsed clean.

Otherwise you risk inducing those love marks, so the answer is...it depends on the condition of the paint.

I think the new Microfiber Madness lineup that Cory handles... has really raised the bar and I'm anxious to try them.

Harry Da Hamster
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
This thread is about "Best QD Towel". I don't think a short nap waffle weave towel is the way to go to clean a dirty car with QD solution. It would be good for the final buff though.