PDA

View Full Version : New M3/M4 announced

Pages : [1] 2

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-12-2013, 02:47 AM
If anyone is holding out for a new German hot rod, the new BMW M3/M4 has been announced and will be available for ordering soon.

If only I had the money...

2015 BMW M3 (F80) Official Specs, Wallpapers, Videos, Photos, Info (http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923203)

Techietruckguy
12-12-2013, 02:55 AM
So want a new m4

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

Harry Da Hamster
12-12-2013, 03:40 AM
Been waiting for the new M3. I am a bit disappointed with the turbocharged power plant (prefer the visceral experience and instant response of a N/A engine) and not much of a horsepower bump. But it has a significant bump in torque and weighs about 200lbs less at 3300lbs. In comparison, a Lexus ISF weighs 3800lbs and MB C63 weighs 3900lbs. Just like the other turbocharged BMW vehicles, i'm sure a simple ECU piggyback, exhaust, and methanol injection would yield pretty big numbers.

If my next car is new, it will almost be certain that it will be a new M3. Otherwise i'll probably buy a used M3 sedan since they're now starting to dip below the 40k range.

valleyrider
12-12-2013, 03:56 AM
I've seen one of the new m4 in person back in August, their a pretty sweet looking car!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Been waiting for the new M3. I am a bit disappointed with the turbocharged power plant (prefer the visceral experience and instant response of a N/A engine) and not much of a horsepower bump. But it has a significant bump in torque and weighs about 200lbs less at 3300lbs. In comparison, a Lexus ISF weighs 3800lbs and MB C63 weighs 3900lbs. Just like the other turbocharged BMW vehicles, i'm sure a simple ECU piggyback, exhaust, and methanol injection would yield pretty big numbers.

If my next car is new, it will almost be certain that it will be a new M3. Otherwise i'll probably buy a used M3 sedan since they're now starting to dip below the 40k range.

Would like to have a new M3 as well. Liking the 4 door design.

After driving my twin turbo compared to the v8 in the M3, I am happy they are moving to forced induction. I have plenty of power anywhere in the rev range without the need to drop a few cogs to get into the power band. Of course when the v8 gets into its power band it's a beautiful thing.

Surely BMW blended these characteristics together to have the best of both worlds. Also is nice to see the weight drop.

rms64
12-12-2013, 06:39 AM
:wow:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-12-2013, 10:30 AM
:wow:

Sure thing.

Can't wait to see these go around the Nurburgring!

rjd598
12-12-2013, 10:36 AM

The outgoing m3 was around 3700lbs, forced induction is what they have to do it isn't an M division choice really it's complying with standards, hp figures are ALWAYS underrated from BMW just check the new m5/m6 for example, and people are saying that the engine has no room to breathe as it is so don't expect a lot of tuning "magic" to happen. N54 was tunable as hell...n55 restricted as could be.

Dr_Pain
12-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Hey Mike, my birthday is coming up.... I'll take an M4 (2 doors). Thanks bud! I knew there was a good reason why you moved to Germany

Those cars are SEXY!!!!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey Mike, my birthday is coming up.... I'll take an M4 (2 doors). Thanks bud! I knew there was a good reason why you moved to Germany

Those cars are SEXY!!!!

Lol! My birthday just passed!

When they do the official launch party here at the dealer I will surely capture the event.

Andr3wilson
12-12-2013, 11:21 AM
The outgoing m3 was around 3700lbs, forced induction is what they have to do it isn't an M division choice really it's complying with standards, hp figures are ALWAYS underrated from BMW just check the new m5/m6 for example, and people are saying that the engine has no room to breathe as it is so don't expect a lot of tuning "magic" to happen. N54 was tunable as hell...n55 restricted as could be.

Don't expect tune magic to happen?? I sorry I have to disagree. My business partner is the regional distributor for ETG and they already have the software in development stage. Anything can be tuned. M5 biturbo went from 550hp to 700hp with software and down pipes. I'm expecting this to have massive gains with software.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-12-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm expecting this to have massive gains with software.

Curious to see how far the boost will be pushed. It is already up to 18.1 psi from the factory....

12-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Trade my mustang in a hot minute for that M4!

Harry Da Hamster
12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
The N54 made big power with just an ECU piggyback. I wouldn't say the N55 was restricted to not be tunable, it'll still make good power with a tune, just not quite as much as the N54. Look up Burger Tuning and JB4.

rjd598
12-12-2013, 02:48 PM
The N54 made big power with just an ECU piggyback. I wouldn't say the N55 was restricted to not be tunable, it'll still make good power with a tune, just not quite as much as the N54. Look up Burger Tuning and JB4.

i didn't say it was impossible to tune an n55, just that bmw learned from the n54 to not make it so accessible. the possibilities for the n54 are limitless, but the n55 is restricted. time will tell all