PDA

View Full Version : does nano skin / clay remove sealant?

bojans
12-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I am assuming the answer is yes but just curious. Wondering how to keep my freshly Klasse'd vehicle contaminant free.

zmcgovern45
12-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I am assuming the answer is yes but just curious. Wondering how to keep my freshly Klasse'd vehicle contaminant free.

Park it in a perfectly sealed garage and never drive it :p

Your paint will become contaminated overtime if you plan on driving the car... just how things work. A good layer of protection will help to minimize contamination, but it is a common practice to clay the car before reapplying a new layer of sealant or wax (or at least clay it once a year or so depending on your level of contamination).

Mike Phillips
12-11-2013, 05:06 PM
does nano skin / clay remove sealant?

Yes.

You can minimize the amount of protection ingredients removed by using an ultra fine clay bar and using it gently.

The way I like to answer these types of question is like this,

Does claying add protection to your car's paint?

The answer is "no". And the part to think about is what's the opposite of the word add?

Your paint will become contaminated overtime if you plan on driving the car... just how things work.

A good layer of protection will help to minimize contamination, but it is a common practice to clay the car before reapplying a new layer of sealant or wax (or at least clay it once a year or so depending on your level of contamination).

Great answer.

The type and quantity of contaminants bonded onto your car depends upon what's in the air over your car where you park it.

:)

bojans
12-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks Mike and Zmc

The area we visit during the winter puts a crazy concoction on the roads that involves sand that is heavily laden with iron. Just trying to come up with a way to clean off any contamination that occurs with out redoing the whole process again.