PDA

View Full Version : Waxing in the sun?

canoebuck
06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
I have read in the forums that Nattys waxes can be applied in the direct sun. Are there any others that can used in the sun.
I bought Nattys Red for this reason but I wasnt that impressed with it. It seemed to lack that punch shine that I expect after a wax application, and it was very difficult to remove although I'm playing with my technique to fix this.
Can Collinite 845 (which I love) be used that way. What makes one wax more tolerant to sun conditions than others.
I have a black Dakota and as you can imagine the paint gets very hot.

Mike T
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Pinnicle, XMT, DP, all have sun friendly waxes. My primary go-to wax is Souveran.

Thejoyofdriving
06-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I think waxing in the sun is a bad idea because most of the nurishing oils evaporate as soon as they hit the hot paint, plus carnuaba begins to melt at 176f, which can be reached in the hot sun on a black car, im not sure but applying wax on a very hot car might cause performance issues.

alban61
06-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Collinite 845 can get difficult to remove when used in direct sun. I did half a hood, and it was a little difficult to remove. A little elbow grease and Cobra Indigo MF helped, but it streaked a little too. Spritz of QD took care of it. However, I haven't had a problem with that when using PB Natty's.

supercharged
06-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I have read in the forums that Nattys waxes can be applied in the direct sun. Are there any others that can used in the sun.
I bought Nattys Red for this reason but I wasnt that impressed with it. It seemed to lack that punch shine that I expect after a wax application, and it was very difficult to remove although I'm playing with my technique to fix this.
Can Collinite 845 (which I love) be used that way. What makes one wax more tolerant to sun conditions than others.
I have a black Dakota and as you can imagine the paint gets very hot.
Pinnacle waxes, and DP Max Wax work well in direct sun. However I would not wax black in direct sunlight, as surface temperature gets way too hot.

Surfer
06-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't do black in the sun. Thats suprising to hear on NR though considering everyone elses reviews on it, I saw some pics and thought it looks incredible, extremely deep and wet. I have NB and have some Collinite 915 and 845 as well, 845 definitley doesn't have more "punch" over NB which is edged out by NR.

scottgt
06-28-2007, 04:48 PM
i couldnt apply sig ser in direct sunlight on black..dont doo it lol

Dust2Glory
06-28-2007, 05:32 PM
don't do anything to black in direct sunlight... that's the safest way to put it

6LS2
06-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I apply DP MaxWax in the shade, then put the car in the sun for a while. Leaves a great result :)