PDA

View Full Version : The newest fan of ONR

Pages : [1] 2 3

Centexhokie
12-10-2013, 09:28 PM
It's been cold in central Texas. After the weekend freezing rain and Monday's freezing fog the car was looking pretty shabby. The beading on the sides leaves little dirt spots. It finally got above freezing today and I just bought ONR during the Black Friday sale after reading the threads here. I used the two bucket method and a MF mitt with ONR in hot water. Washing a panel at a time 45 minutes later I have my shiny red back. Love the ease, the smell, and the look. A super product.

Harry Da Hamster
12-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I've been using ONR for a while now. Though i prefer a traditional wash over a rinseless, can't deny it's effective. I'll be trying Ultima Waterless Wash Plus next!

SANTA3013
12-10-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm also a fan of ONR. Glad it worked for you. It is my goto unless the vehicle is extremely dirty and then I'll resort to a traditional wash. Honestly I can't remember the last time I did a wash with a bucket of car wash soap and water hose. Yes the ONR is a + in the colder temperatures.

willtothewong
12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
I've been using ONR for a while now. Though i prefer a traditional wash over a rinseless, can't deny it's effective. I'll be trying Ultima Waterless Wash Plus next!

I feel the same, a traditional wash "feels" cleaner to me but when the weather drops to near freezing temperatures, ONR is the king.

Actually, I made the move to Pinnacle's Carnuba Rinseless wash and its pretty good. I am a carnuba fan so I figure I'd try it out and its done its job just as good as ONR has.

Centexhokie
12-11-2013, 07:22 AM
I will go to the traditional wash in the summers. I like using a foam gun, lots of suds and lots of water, but when the high is 41 and it is dark outside before you get off work I think this is a great alternative for the garage. I hate driving a dirty car so it feeds my obsession.

Klasse Act
12-11-2013, 08:13 AM
ONR was my first rinseless wash and its a great product, no doubt about it and a true miracle in the detailing world!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Centexhokie
12-11-2013, 09:41 AM
ONR was my first rinseless wash and its a great product, no doubt about it and a true miracle in the detailing world!

I've had 4 people stop by my office this morning to ask me how I washed my car in this weather? All of them said it looks great and I sent them links to ONR videos. Nice that folks notice the shine.

vet
12-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I use ONR too, it's great stuff! I like it especially in the winter because my garage doesn't have a drain. I dilute it for QD and clay lube too.

jartx
12-11-2013, 09:56 AM
I too am new to this product. After using it a few times, I ordered a gallon during the recent sales. I love the smell as well! (It's even a bit chilly down here in Rio Grande Valley, TX.)

Klasse Act
12-11-2013, 09:57 AM
I've had 4 people stop by my office this morning to ask me how I washed my car in this weather? All of them said it looks great and I sent them links to ONR videos. Nice that folks notice the shine.

That's awesome! How lonng does it take you do a rinseless and do you recycle the leftover solution? Do you also clean your tires and wheels with it?

Centexhokie
12-11-2013, 10:06 AM
That's awesome! How lonng does it take you do a rinseless and do you recycle the leftover solution? Do you also clean your tires and wheels with it?

It took me about 45 minutes to wash my MB SL550 including the wheels. I did the wheels at the end with the solution and a Daytona brush followed by a MF for drying. I did not recycle the leftover especially since even though I rinsed it I did the wheels at the end with the solution.

Klasse Act
12-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah, good point, you've got a German car and we all know how dirty the wheels get! What I do to help clean the wheels easier is get yourself some mf gloves (I got mine from Autozone) and use them to clean the tires and wheels. I stay ontop of my car pretty good and just using the rinseless wash solution helps me keep the tires and wheels VERY clean but you can use seperate tire and wheel cleaners, along with brushes and then the mf gloves to clean and rinse them down, just passin' along what has worked for me.

Centexhokie
12-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah, good point, you've got a German car and we all know how dirty the wheels get! What I do to help clean the wheels easier is get yourself some mf gloves (I got mine from Autozone) and use them to clean the tires and wheels. I stay ontop of my car pretty good and just using the rinseless wash solution helps me keep the tires and wheels VERY clean but you can use seperate tire and wheel cleaners, along with brushes and then the mf gloves to clean and rinse them down, just passin' along what has worked for me.

Thanks I may do that (use other cleaners for the wheels). I typically wash my cars weekly. The SL is a dust maker on the wheels. I have them coated with Pinnacle Black Label so it comes off easily. On a normal wash I clean them separately, but the ONR solution worked well with the brush. I have separate MF towels for the wheels and I have used the MF gloves to apply coatings to them, but I dry them with the towel and then a blower that I have in the garage. I can't imagine that the gloves would be very good for drying them, but I admit that I haven't tried that.

Klasse Act
12-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm sorry, I use the mf gloves to CLEAN the wheels and tires, seperate old mf towels for drying the tires and wheels. Do you have the AMG wheels on your SL? Pics?

Centexhokie
12-11-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry, I use the mf gloves to CLEAN the wheels and tires, seperate old mf towels for drying the tires and wheels. Do you have the AMG wheels on your SL? Pics?

Yes I do have the AMG Wheels. Here is a picture of the wheel.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv266/VATECH82/AMGWheel_zps18e3933b.jpg

and the car

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv266/VATECH82/RearQtr_zpsdc7c15b8.jpg