PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Twins...

Lexi65
12-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Does 845 bond well with Klasse Twins?
Feed back please. :buffing:

tommygee
12-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm in NE Ohio so these winters are brutal. I use 845 over the Klasse twins and my car still shines and beads after 2 months. In fact, I can't believe how great the paint looks. And easy to maintain. I like to top with Pinnacle Souverän Liquid Spray Wax. Still pops even in winter. I just picked up some Duragloss Aquawax on a Cyber Buster so I'm going to try that this weekend. Should be a good test with temps in the 20's and snow on the way. Was this the millionth post? No? Rats!

Lexi65
12-10-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm in NE Ohio so these winters are brutal. I use 845 over the Klasse twins and my car still shines and beads after 2 months. In fact, I can't believe how great the paint looks. And easy to maintain. I like to top with Pinnacle Souverän Liquid Spray Wax. Still pops even in winter. I just picked up some Duragloss Aquawax on a Cyber Buster so I'm going to try that this weekend. Should be a good test with temps in the 20's and snow on the way. Was this the millionth post? No? Rats!

Mines a garage queen so length it lasts isn't my issue, rather the
issue for me was Klasse Twins alone did not give me much of a
wet look. I do have black obsidian paint and just wondering if
I should have my detailer slap another layer of KSG or instead
put a layer of 845. Feed back please ... :buffing:

TrolleyVW
12-10-2013, 07:18 PM
I use the klasse twins with 845 on top and no issues at all. Just remember to apply super thin with all 3 products. One bottle of each of these 3 things will literally last years.

Klasse Act
12-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Tommy, your going to love AW!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

tommygee
12-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Mines a garage queen so length it lasts isn't my issue, rather the
issue for me was Klasse Twins alone did not give me much of a
wet look. I do have black obsidian paint and just wondering if
I should have my detailer slap another layer of KSG or instead
put a layer of 845. Feed back please ... :buffing:

Klasse and 845 for protection and top with a quality wax. I still get some shine from 845 but when I top with an LSP it really pops.

tommygee
12-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Tommy, your going to love AW!

I think one of your posts turned me on to AW. Cyber Buster price: $6.74! I think this will be a great winter wax too.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Add two more layers of SG on top of what you already have. Wait 12 hours between layers. You car will look like it's been dipped in glass.

tommygee
12-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Add two more layers of SG on top of what you already have. Wait 12 hours between layers. You car will look like it's been dipped in glass.

:iagree: I use 3 coats of SG.

ClayR
12-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Agreed, three layers of Klasse is an amazing look. If you don't have the time try Nanoskin's Hydro Express. It does an amazing shine to Klasse that lasts a little more than three months. It is a true spray on, wipe and walk away. Just give it 24hrs to fully set up.

Nanoskin Hydro Express Hydrophobic Spray Polymer (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-hydro-spray-sealant.html)

Desertnate
12-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Depending on your needs you could probably do one or the other and get a great looking, long lasting shine.

I think what you use and how much comes down to the look you're after. I prefer the look of the 845 on my dark colored cars as it provides a deep, warm, glossy look I don't get with the Klasse Twins. The Twins however, look great on lighter colored, heavily metallic paint due to the incredible shine they create.

I've never layered three coats of SG to see what that looks like, but I have done two plus a coating of Sonus Glanz (which is supposedly made from SG) and not seen any real change in the appearance. I've been perfectly happy with one or two coats. One coat easily lasts 6 months under most conditions.

Right now I'm running a head-to-head test of the 845 and the SG to see how they hold up this winter.

Klasse Act
12-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Agreed, three layers of Klasse is an amazing look. If you don't have the time try Nanoskin's Hydro Express. It does an amazing shine to Klasse that lasts a little more than three months. It is a true spray on, wipe and walk away. Just give it 24hrs to fully set up.

Nanoskin Hydro Express Hydrophobic Spray Polymer (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-hydro-spray-sealant.html)

So you' ve used this ontop of KSG?

ClayR
12-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Yes, right on top of Klasse. Works great! Very easy to apply: just spray, spread with a microfiber cloth and walk away (the directions say wipe off but it is not needed). It doesn't add the same surface protection as Klasse but adds a great rejuvenating surface shine to older Klasse that is still protecting but not wowing in the shine dept. Also wonderful on any type of glass from bathroom mirrors to sunglasses. It is one of those great finds that you can keep finding uses for.

Keep in mind that Klasse is supposed to be 100 percent acrylic so you can top it with just about most waxes or sealants given that it's fully hardened.

Klasse Act
12-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks to RFulmer for sending me his Klasse twins, thanks again and ROLL TIDE!