PDA

View Full Version : Speaka Engrish

Surfer
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Looks like Scooter has been teaching a lot of people lol

This is not to sound racist or anything but damn, I cannot stand speaking to people in other countries that I can't understand, especailly in my business where I have to help some clients with stuff and the companies are outsourced for everything and we need answers quick on how to resolve issues. Was trying to help a client for 4 hours yesterday to get documentation for some issues from American Express, except Amex has the department in India, could not undertsand a friken word they were saying and my client was actually from India lol. No wonder Amex is such a pain in the arse to deal with. We even tried calling back later and kept getting the same person there, that or they all sound the same, pretty sad when one of my Commercial clients is from India and he was trying to get answers over the phone and couldn't figure it out either.

Then I was at Dunkin Dougnuts today, got my order wrong twice, like they do everytime, b/c they can never understand what your saying through the speaker lol. I asked for a medium iced coffe and toasted bagel and cream cheese. I ended up witha a Hot coffe, an caramal coffe something, and bacon egg and cheese sandwish.....lol.

Then I had a bunch of people call me today on some properties, could not understand a single word they were saying, it was like half engrish half spangrish, I had a buddy of mine fluent in a couple languages call them back and he couldn't figure out what they were asking for, I told him if he could figure out what they want the deals are his. The Realtor sent them to me b/c he couldn't understand any of them.

Then I had to call the IRS for an EIN number for another LLC, again, couldn't not understand what the heck the guy was saying, he had to repeat everything over and over b/c I was like "huh?!?" I had some questions on some stuff and finally had to hang up on the guy as he wasn't making sense.

dengood1
06-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Looks like it's time to clean the peanut butter out of your ears boy!!!:D

Jimmie
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
And they're all named Bob or Mike. Yeah, frustrating stuff Surfer.

Surfer
06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
And they're all named Bob or Mike. Yeah, frustrating stuff Surfer.HAHAH, that cracks me up. With my finance company, I get them calling from over there daily trying to sell me leads and other crap, sounds like you know who from Simpsons lol. And they always say their name is Bob, haven't had a Mike yet but I get a lot of Bob's calling me LOL.

guidosrx8
06-28-2007, 04:40 PM
I know how you feel....a lady actaully yelled at me at my work a few weeks ago because I could not speak spanish to help her find what she wanted....

dontsleeponit
06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I had to call the cable/phone company today to transfer services from my old provider. First person I got on the phone I could barely understand. It sounded like he was falling asleep. Took him like a half hour to get information from me and try to explain the prcing and services. I was very annoyed, I told him I would call back when I had made a descisicion.

I called right back, got a pleasant young lady on the phone that I could actually converse with. She explained everything to me in like under 2 mins, managed to save me a few bucks by putting togethor a package deal, and got my order done and set up a date for the instalation.

Win some loose some I guess, calling back to get someone with a brain never hurts!

hey surfer I wanted ur opinion on something, but ur PM box is full...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/6045-products-do-you-wish-you-never-bought-8.html#post103502

Thejoyofdriving
06-28-2007, 04:42 PM
when ever someone asks me a question or says something i cant understand, i usually try not to say, what did you say agian? i say something like, i donno or im not sure.

dengood1
06-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Surfer--did you get your emails back?

Bob Who
06-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Don't you love it when they start out ...'Don't want to sound racist' !!!!

Florida, it's not the humidity it's the stupidity.

Surfer
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Florida, it's not the humidity it's the stupidity.:rolleyes:...yeh ok, considering a couple of my main investors are from India and I had to have them call for some issue with the business Account, they had trouble with the call center out there as well. If you took it the wrong way.....sorry, it was meant in a joking way..hint..look at my sig

Joy/Den - my pm box isn't full? And no emails yet, I have an issue with Dr Watson Postmortem issue I can't fix, stupid Microsoft. Its not a virus, its a glitch in the software.

dengood1
06-28-2007, 05:44 PM

Florida, it's not the humidity it's the stupidity.

Careful now.......AG "resides" in Florida, as well as it's owner;)