PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Detailing Class - Bates Detailing - Nashville Tn

Bates Detailing
12-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey Agians! had a wonderful one-on-one aircraft detailing class this weekend. Had Ben Thompson come up from Orlando, Florida with the ambition to start his own aircraft detailing company and I feel the class went great! Here are some pics of the Nacelle that we did together...... I have no befores but still have to post the pics. He is actually a big time lurker in the AG forum and has extensive knowledge in chemistry of products - so his product knowledge is an awesome foundation for him to get started. It was great to teach him and hear that he lurks around this forum looking for advice and knowledge! This forum is awesome and I wouldn't be where I am today without it! Thanks AG! Cant wait for our BIG class in Feb!

tuscarora dave
12-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Nice looking finish on that plane Anthony. That's cool that you have that teaching gig going on. Hope all is well. Have a very happy holiday season!!

Bates Detailing
12-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Nice looking finish on that plane Anthony. That's cool that you have that teaching gig going on. Hope all is well. Have a very happy holiday season!!

Thanks Dave! Teaching is taxing (I feel for Mike Phillips now!) - but when it's your passion its not that bad for a gig :rolleyes:. Hope you've been well man - I'll give you a call soon :dblthumb2:

tuscarora dave
12-09-2013, 10:10 PM
I do a lot of teaching and know it can be tough accessing your experience on the spot, delivering the message effectively then demonstrating technique.

It's not too bad on a down day but when you're trying to teach and meet strict deadlines it seems impossible.

Things been a bit rough up here lately to be honest but I'm working through it the best I can.

As always...call anytime. :-)

topdawg57
12-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Do you plan on having any auto detailing classes?

Bates Detailing
12-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Do you plan on having any auto detailing classes?

No sir - that is a Mike Phillips specialty :props:..... I've been detailing aircraft so long and have been told there were no truly knowledgeable aircraft detailers offering classes.... so I took the leap, and so far its been great :dblthumb2:. There are plenty of knowledgable auto detailing teachers, and Mike is definitely top notch in the auto industry :buffing:

IngramAutoDetail
12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Aircraft... wouldn't mind knowing a thing or two about detailing them.

Bates Detailing
12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Aircraft... wouldn't mind knowing a thing or two about detailing them.

Definitely shoot me a pm if you're interested man - I can toss you some details.

Vegas Transplant
01-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Each One Teach One.
My hat's off to you kind sir!

Have a happy and prosperous New Year Anthony!

Pureshine
01-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Very cool Anthony keep up the good work! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years :).

Bates Detailing
01-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Each One Teach One.
My hat's off to you kind sir!

Have a happy and prosperous New Year Anthony!

Very cool Anthony keep up the good work! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years :).

Thanks gentlemen! It was exhausting lol (5 kids). Hope your guy's holidays went well too :dblthumb2: