PDA

View Full Version : Best leather coating?

Gsrjake
12-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Just sold my Evo and im picking up a bmw with tan interior and wanted to know what the best leather coating would be to prevent dye transfer and just dirt over time. IM thinking of getting the cquartz pro leather coating?

thebamboo23
12-08-2013, 08:27 PM
You should try out the new Pinnacle Black Label coating!

Gsrjake
12-08-2013, 08:33 PM
You should try out the new Pinnacle Black Label coating!

dont want to try something out, want results and feedback from other products lol

artofdetailing
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
L1 or cquartz fabric and leather coating. I use a hair dryer to dry the application. My client with off white leather in her range rover évoque said her blue jeans are not rubbing off after I applied cquartz. Hope this helps

Gsrjake
12-08-2013, 08:47 PM
L1 or cquartz fabric and leather coating. I use a hair dryer to dry the application. My client with off white leather in her range rover évoque said her blue jeans are not rubbing off after I applied cquartz. Hope this helps

just what I wanted to hear, thank you sir

Chris@AutoCleanse
12-08-2013, 08:52 PM
+ 1 on the cquartz

Jrocket
12-22-2013, 04:43 PM
I just bought Cquartz F&L

and will be applying to a 2014 Tahoe and a 2013 Jeep Wrangler ( both Leather) This weekend.

I have read nothing but good stuff on this product.

Looking forward to using the new Coating.

I am interested to see a review on the new

PBL Leather Coating :dblthumb2:

ferret1980
12-22-2013, 11:54 PM
:xyxthumbs:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_8734.jpg

It's my first interior coating make the seats feel so slick!

swanicyouth
12-23-2013, 03:10 AM
One thing to keep in mind, if your using F & L your in it for the long haul. The stuff is impossible IME to remove completely from the seats. Just clean and re-apply periodically. F & L doesn't leave a slick buttery feel on the seats. So, I top it with CG's Leather Serum periodically which leaves a super smooth silky feel on the seats. Typically CGs - it only lasts a bit.

The Critic
12-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Find an authorized Optimum installer who can install the Opti-guard Leather Coating for you. That is probably your best option.

Jrocket
12-23-2013, 09:22 AM
One thing to keep in mind, if your using F & L your in it for the long haul. The stuff is impossible IME to remove completely from the seats. Just clean and re-apply periodically. F & L doesn't leave a slick buttery feel on the seats. So, I top it with CG's Leather Serum periodically which leaves a super smooth silky feel on the seats. Typically CGs - it only lasts a bit.

Thanks for the heads up! :props:
Doesn't sound like the route I want to take.

I think I am going to return it and purchase the PBL Leather and Vinyl Coating.

Especially since the bottle of F&L I relieved was leaking anyways and soaked the bag it came in when it shipped w/ my other products.

I have been completely impressed by the PBL Diamond Surface coating so I am sure I will feel the same out the leather coating.

swanicyouth
12-23-2013, 09:27 AM
The thing is, the difficulty I experienced in removing F & L is a testament to its durability and likely protection. You could actually see a line of demarcation were some of the F & L had worn after months. I've never seen that with any other interior product. Removing what coating that was on the seat safely was futile - so I just top it off.

Most interior products are toast in a week or so of butt time in the seat.

Jrocket
12-23-2013, 09:33 AM
The thing is, the difficulty I experienced in removing F & L is a testament to its durability and likely protection. You could actually see a line of demarcation were some of the F & L had worn after months. I've never seen that with any other interior product. Removing what coating that was on the seat safely was futile - so I just top it off.

Most interior products are toast in a week or so of butt time in the seat.

Thanks for a little more depth on this. It does in fact sound like a pretty great product as far as true durability.

I will be using this product on about 3-5 new cars. I don't mind and of course love the maint and upkeep on my car however some of the people I will be doing this for Im sure will be doing nothing more than a standard vac. I almost think a Coating that is slick in nature and not 100% permanent would be better suited for them. I have considered hanging on to the F&L for myself but I'm purchasing a new car in the next few weeks and really don't find it necessary to put something on the seats that permanent..

I did go back and look through your review and pics. It does look good

I wonder if anyone ever tried the Meguiars Leather Coating that came out a few months back?

Jrocket
12-23-2013, 09:41 AM
:xyxthumbs:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_8734.jpg

It's my first interior coating make the seats feel so slick!

You should do a review on this. :xyxthumbs:

I haven't seen anyone review the Leather & Vinyl Coating yet.