PDA

View Full Version : Going all out on the coatings, advice please.

aim4squirrels
12-08-2013, 08:15 PM
I've decided the Challenger is going to get the coating treatment.

I absolutely love spending time waxing and cleaning it, but I have a little one at home now and spending time on the car means that's ALL I get for any free time whatsoever.

I picked up the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating on the cyber buster and 25% off deal. It says it's good for any hard exterior surface, but never specifically addresses plastic trim. I've read threads where the DP Paint Coating has been suggested for use on trim by members of the Autogeek staff, but nothing on the Black Label.

Should I go ahead and use it on the trim, or pick up some DLux while the sale is still on this evening?

VP Mark
12-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I would just use the black label. I've used many different coatings on trim on many occasions and they have worked fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Munich77
12-09-2013, 06:35 AM
VP Mark - thanks. I also have the coating on the way. It will be my weekend project.

swanicyouth
12-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Nothing works on trim like DLux. I'd get DLux.

aim4squirrels
12-09-2013, 08:49 AM
The DLux does look amazing from what I've seen documented here. I think the problem is the black label (and even the DP paint coating to a point) are so new and expensive that they haven't been experimented with in a variety of potential uses yet.

I'll probably use the black label and if it fails to impress (or fails in general) I'll pick up some DLux.

That is unless we get another 25% off sale coming up again.