PDA

View Full Version : Do you use different spray waxes on your LSP?

Shortspark
12-08-2013, 10:43 AM
I love spray wax! Easy to apply, prolongs life of LSP, enhances gloss, good drying aid, etc. - who can ask for more? I have used many different spray waxes/sealants over the years and I have narrowed down my favorites to these (in no particular order): AquaWax, CGs V7, Lucas Slick Mist, OCW, 1Z Einszett Spray Wax, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz, Meguiar's UQW, Griot's Spray-On Wax, and three or four others are pretty close to these.

That's the problem - I like too many! They all work well on my LSP which is usually 845 over Duragloss sealants and, recently, 845 over DP sealants (which I like a lot!). Never once have I had a real compatibility issue with any of them. And on my Diamond white paint I can't say any of the spray waxes look much different from each other in gloss (although OCW gives more depth than the clearer, more sterile looking AquaWax, for example).

So my question is do you all use a DIFFERENT spray wax after your wash to boost your LSP? Do you see a problem with mixing them all up by using a different brand every week until the next detail?

jankerson
12-08-2013, 11:06 AM
I use Megs D156 Spray Wax, also use it while drying.

Also Megs M135 for a quick detailer.

spiralout462
12-08-2013, 11:16 AM
I really don't see a problem with experimenting. I have a smaller rotation of sprays. I usually choose one based on what scent I'm in the mood for or whichever is closer when needed.

DaHen
12-08-2013, 11:17 AM
So darn many to choose from.
At present time, am using Pinnacle XMT's 360 Spray Wax. It always looks good.

FUNX650
12-08-2013, 11:50 AM
To answer your thread-starter's question: Yes.
But, alas...I'm always too "technical".

If I apply an actual Spray Wax (LSP) atop another LSP...
Then the last: Last Step Product/Process (the aforementioned Spray Wax)...
IMHO: becomes the definitive LSP, as it were.

If it's a Detail Spray (that's been labeled as a Spray Wax) then, that too, in essence becomes the LSP:
Until it, also, has eventually dissipated/vanished...as would any other LSP in due time.

I can only imagine what a very:
Hard Row to Hoe...it is when, as a detailing-product, your considered to be nothing but a "topper".

:)

Bob

Dogfather
12-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Most of my LSPs are ultimately second to, and third to LSPs. Wasteful perhaps, but good clean fun nonetheless.
I think I'd like to try Flitz Waxx Speed Wax in my next order.
Can never have too many.

07gtcs
12-08-2013, 12:10 PM
I use Ultima, Pinnacle, Megs UQW, and BF spray waxes...and usually going on over BF Crystal Seal.

HateSwirls
12-08-2013, 12:12 PM
I really love Meg's Ultimate Spray Wax.
A little goes far and so easy to work with plus it's easy to find OTC.
Works wonders on door jambs.
As one said there's so many to choose from.

RFulmer
12-08-2013, 12:27 PM
My favorite is Griots Spray Wax when I'm drying the car. Smells sooo good.

I'll also use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant if I'm just in the mood to spray something on the car.

Detailingdoc
12-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I use diff spray waxes pretty much every week. My staple is Aquawax but i also use XMT spray wax, OCW, and a few others like V7 and WG DGLS

Chris's FX4
12-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I change it it up a little too. Meguiars D156(UQW), M135(UQD), CG V07, WG Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, and CarPro Hydro2. Though the last two aren't considered spray waxes by some, but they work great as toppers.

Shortspark
12-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Well then, I guess I am not alone. Variety is the spice of life and with all the spray waxes out there mixing and matching is a fun thing to do. So I guess I'll ask this instead: do any of you notice a measurable, distinct difference in the various spray waxes you use?

Helltopay
12-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I have never used a spray wax before; however, I received a sample of the Pinnacle Sovereign spray wax in my last order and tried it out last night. I was really impressed. It seemed to add extra shine and depth. Are there any negative consequences from using a spray wax (assuming that I continue with my same regimen)?

Shortspark
12-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I have never used a spray wax before; however, I received a sample of the Pinnacle Sovereign spray wax in my last order and tried it out last night. I was really impressed. It seemed to add extra shine and depth. Are there any negative consequences from using a spray wax (assuming that I continue with my same regimen)?

Nope, and I'm living proof! My reason for starting this thread was to determine if using many different kinds of spray waxes and sealants would cause any harm. It looks like from the feedback there is no harm in mixing it up at all.