PDA

View Full Version : First time User Detailer's Rinseless Wash & Gloss & Waterless Auto Wash

BlackRam
12-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey all-
I have been washing my truck w/ Megs Gold Glass Shampoo & Conditioner, Washmitt, 2 Bucket method with grit guards, Chamois/Leaf Blower to dry. Well living in the Northeast, my hands were frozen the other weekend, so I purchased 128 oz Detailers Rinseless Wash & Glass along with their Waterless Auto Wash. It rained this past week, but I went to the coin op and did a spot free rinse on the black truck yesterday. This morning, I washed with the rinseless. It was still pretty dirty, but nothing crazy. The directions for the wash and gloss said 1 oz for 2 gallons. I estimated what an ounce is and used 2 cap fulls, is that an Ounce? It didnt seem like that with the 2 gallons was much more than glorified water. I used the waterless wash as my pre lubricant and then used a MF towel soak in the Wash and Gloss solution and wiped of the dirt. Using the fold the towel 4 ways methods (8 total sides), and rinsing it off in the other bucket for a few "passes" until it was pretty dirty. Once cleaned, I used a Chamois to dry. Keep in mind its about 36-38 degrees here. Once dry, I sprayed some Megs Quik Detailer for an extra shine. My question is I used about 3/4 of the waterless auto wash on my truck (crew cab). Can I make a lube solution in a spray bottle out of the wash and gloss?

Cliffs:
Did a combo Rinseless Wash & Gloss with a Waterless Wash
Used 3/4 of the waterless wash a pre lubricant
want to know if/how to make prelube solution with rinseless wash and gloss

(PS it came out looking great)

thank you

cleanmycorolla
12-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah two cap fills isn't even close to an ounce.

swanicyouth
12-07-2013, 05:40 PM
What I find with rinseless washes its best to use AT LEAST as much as the manufacturer recommends, and often more makes a better solution. Less is no good.

BlackRam
12-07-2013, 06:02 PM
What would be 2 ounces? How many caps for instance? I have M21 on the trucker as well as a Fresh Coast of Gold Class Carnuaba Paste Wax, so I wouldnt want it to take that off (if that is even possible)?
Thank you

KillaCam
12-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Get yourself a glass measuring cup. Walmart has a good one with all different measurements on it and it goes up to 5 oz. Rinseless wash solution normally feels similar to water when you stick your hand in the bucket.

BlackRam
12-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Can i put the solution into a spray bottle to act like a pre lubricant? What ratio would be best? sorry for the newb questions

cleanmycorolla
12-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Can i put the solution into a spray bottle to act like a pre lubricant? What ratio would be best? sorry for the newb questions

The info how to do that is on the product page where you purchased it. But I think it's 3oz to 32oz distilled water.

And don't use cap fills just go to the dollar store get cheap measuring cups.

Also Stephens advice is spot on. I usually use .5oz more myself.

BlackRam
12-07-2013, 06:33 PM
thanks guys

VP Mark
12-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I Dont understand why you need a pre lubricant. I've done close to a thousand rinse less washes and have never done this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

BlackRam
12-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I Dont understand why you need a pre lubricant. I've done close to a thousand rinse less washes and have never done this.

I want to take every precaution to avoid any scratches/marring on the black paint. It may be overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Klasse Act
12-07-2013, 07:22 PM

I think this more directed at those doing the GD method. I've never really had to pre-treat when using my Aqua sponge (I did once but it was a waste really, just keep the sponge a little extra wet when its dirty and dunk/wring in the rinse bucket more)

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online