PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Sponge

rouxster
12-07-2013, 01:18 PM
So, I used my Pinnacle Bug Sponge today for the first time. I soaked it in my bucket of plain water for about 10 minutes. Should it still feel stiff and rough after soaking and ringing it out?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Znig22
12-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I haven't used the Pinnacle name brand sponge but from the few I have used they normally soften up after they are used more often.

dsg03gt
12-07-2013, 09:44 PM
When I use mine it's still pretty firm but it doesn't take much force for it to work and never had any paint issues using it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

allenk4
12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Mine is still a little firm after soaking

I don't wring it out before using with light pressure

swanicyouth
12-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Couldn't tell you. Mine still has the cardboard band around it. I haven't found a single use for it. I don't think I'd be scrubbing my paint with that thing. Someone else's paint - I'd be glad to scrub the bugs off to see if it scratches.

spiralout462
12-07-2013, 11:13 PM
I just wipe the bugs off with a microfiber and UWW+ when necessary. On other, less kept vehicles a pre-soak with Tarminator seems to do the trick.

07gtcs
12-08-2013, 12:35 PM
I have one and it works great, doesn't damage paint. Just use lots of soap with it. Its great to come home after a 600mile road trip, spary with bug remover, take sponge out of the soapy water, wipe away...rinse and the bugs are gone!

Choop145
12-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I have one and it works great, doesn't damage paint. Just use lots of soap with it. Its great to come home after a 600mile road trip, spary with bug remover, take sponge out of the soapy water, wipe away...rinse and the bugs are gone!

+1 I have just gotten it wet, then soaked the painted area with bugs with Pinnacle waterless wash and that has also done the trick.

BucboyInPa
12-08-2013, 01:01 PM
It may feel hard,but it definitely works. I use it on almost every prep job.

b0b
12-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I find myself using it for the paint that can't be seen under the car (under bumpers and skirts). It usually is caked with mud and this helps get it all off without ruining one of my mitts.

rouxster
12-09-2013, 12:51 AM
It just feels so rough, I'm hesitant to use it on paint. Although, after the first time using it, it has softened a little, but still feels a little rough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AG Online

swanicyouth
12-09-2013, 07:32 AM
I'll have to wait until spring to try mine then. All the bugs here froze to death by now.

rouxster
03-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Since I got this only a couple of months ago while it was on sale, I haven't had the opportunity to really use it. Now that we are starting to get into love bug season, I've started to use it and it is definitely getting softer, but still not like like a regular sponge yet. I've been letting it soak in my wash bucket and that seems to help out a lot. I know the instructions say to soak it in warm water, but I always forget by the time I need it so, I can only soak it in my wash bucket.

Works great too!