PDA

View Full Version : { Pet Peeve's } Detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Miami_Sunset
03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
• What annoys you about detailing. I have to say the freaking Water hose. I hate dragging it & preventing it from touching my car. :rolleyes:

joe.p
03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Dropping my MFS, when the cord from the PC touch'es the paint,the hose catching on the bucket/tire,People rubbing their hands over a freshly waxed vehicle,(not enough room to work) tripping over stuff in the garage,over spray from the tire dressing, on,on, and on..

Neothin
03-07-2006, 06:29 PM
the pet peeve's of detailing? That the dark colored car only stays feshly detailed for about 10 minutes when it's sitting outside. talk about a let down :(

DARKSTI
03-07-2006, 06:30 PM
The water hose
Multispoke Rims
Dusting w/ Polishing
Dust
Door Jambs

Miami_Sunset
03-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Bird S H * T :mad:

Buying a prodcut that does not do what is says it does. ...:(

ScottB
03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
the kink in the hose at the last minute while "sheeting" the water after a wash ... having to fill the smaller bottles in the middle because someone left them "almost" empty ... and running in to take a shower after a session only to come out and see a rain shower.

BlkTac05
03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
What really gets me is that no matter what the weatherman says, it rains right after I detail! DOH!! You all know........Beautiful cloudless day........No rain forcasted for the next decade (lol)..........You've just put the finishing touches on your ride...........You stop to stare at how shweeeeeet it looks.......And within the next hour or so.......BAM!!!!! Rain! So what do we all do........... We gawk at the beautiful bead pattern on the hood, (lol) Come on now......admit it! (lol)

Sherman8r44
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Weather, bugs, dust, brake dust, intricate rims.

Miami_Sunset
03-09-2006, 12:05 AM
What really gets me is that no matter what the weatherman says, it rains right after I detail! DOH!! You all know........Beautiful cloudless day........No rain forcasted for the next decade (lol)..........You've just put the finishing touches on your ride...........You stop to stare at how shweeeeeet it looks.......And within the next hour or so.......BAM!!!!! Rain! So what do we all do........... We gawk at the beautiful bead pattern on the hood, (lol) Come on now......admit it! (lol)

:p I feel you.... ;)

MasterShineBoy
03-09-2006, 01:58 AM
The "At the pump detail." Washing the car with the squege while fueling. Also, everyones need to touch paint.

Sevenrd
03-09-2006, 05:39 AM
There're are a few. One's that come to mind:

The hose! I hate it when it gets stuck under the tires when I'm moving to the other side of the car. Such a small thing, but it pisses me off.

Wheels are pain. Especially the ten-spoke ones on my car.

Having to hand polish/wax spots that the PC can't quite get to.

The sun breaking out of the clouds right before I want it to. I love the sun's reflection of my finished detailed car. Just stay away while I'm in progress.

Interior windows. I always find myself in a very awkward, uncomfortable position to get them clean.

I could go on. But I'd better not. I fear I may talk myself out of continuing to detail cars if I come up with too many negatives. Lock this thread!

pt91
03-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Pollen season. Here everthing is lime green for weeks.

Mike T
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
the pet peeve's of detailing? That the dark colored car only stays feshly detailed for about 10 minutes when it's sitting outside. talk about a let down :(
You hit the nail right on the head. By the next day my car is covered with a layer of dust. I bought the California Duster to help with this, but its still extremely annoying

Joshua312
03-09-2006, 11:56 AM
When I detail the thing that makes me most upset is seeing rock chips :mad:

MasterShineBoy
03-09-2006, 01:54 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. By the next day my car is covered with a layer of dust. I bought the California Duster to help with this, but its still extremely annoying

This too!! The car looks perfect for 10 seconds, then dust kicks in!