PDA

View Full Version : LF: Tire Cleaning Product

Pages : 1 [2]

Old Tiger
12-07-2013, 01:01 PM
The Mothers product is very good! IMO Brown Royal is the best tire and wheel cleaner I have used!

anf0180
12-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I have tried few diff product ; Turf Shine is the best !!!!

SANTA3013
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Brown Royal is my go to. Check it out.

Radarryan
12-08-2013, 02:33 AM
To clean my tires I use two products:

Optimum Power Clean
Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner

I used Optimum Power Clean since before the Tuf Shine was introduced. For getting a tire perfectly clean, there is no equal - Tuf Shine is the best.

If you want something that cleans the tire better than just about anything on the market, save for Tuf Shine, then I think OPC is the way to go. There were threads of people cleaning tires with other APC or tire cleaners until white foam, only to hit it with OPC and see more brown coming out. Of course, currently you can clean a tire with OPC, only to hit it with Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner and see that it's not perfectly dirty.

Since your not looking to apply a coating, such as Tuf Shine's, then I don't think getting the rubber 100% clean is a necessity. The nice thing about OPC is it can be used for different tasks - including wheels (assuming they're clear coated, chrome, etc. not uncoated aluminum), interiors, paint, and so on and so on...

Personally, I use Tuf Shine every once in a while and usually hit my tires with OPC every other wash or so. My tires are protected with CarPro PERL (which I love) and they don't need reapplying for over a month - even when cleaning with a 1:3 OPC solution and a stiff-brissle brush.

Hope this helps and happy detailing!

Shane731
12-08-2013, 12:55 PM
ZEP 505 and Meguiar's Super Degreaser (diluted 4:1) are my personal favorites. Blackfire APC is very good too, albeit a bit pricier.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/46413-page-ranking-blackfire-all-n-one-apc-total-eclipse-tire-shine.html

Mirror Finish
04-17-2014, 07:36 PM
-I prefer to use cleaners on tires that are completely safe to use around any type of wheel.

I, therefore, would not use Facto AT30 for the purpose of tire cleaning.

Yet Facto AT30 is perfectly safe on aluminum, painted surfaces and any surface I have used it on in almost 30 years of use. It is used to wash aircraft and other transport vehicles.

rjd598
04-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Mothers Foaming wheel and tire is my absolute favorite for tires. I don't use it for wheels. Available OTC at wal-mart. Also sold as their FX foaming wheel in most auto parts stores. Same product I think. It's a cleaner, not a renew product or combination cleaner/dressing. Not sure how it compares to the other mothers tire cleaner or the one above. Maybe I'll try those, but foaming wheel and tire works so well it would take a lot to get me to change.

+1 this works great for me. i've used tuf alot and it's a great tire cleaner