PDA

View Full Version : Overspray removal steps

quiksilver_ben3
12-06-2013, 09:41 PM
A past client asked me to look at her car because of dog scratches. They seem moderate, so no big deal. I can take care of that.

After cleaning the panel with the scratches, I then saw white spots of overspray. She hadn't noticed until I mentioned it. She believes this occurred where guys where spraying a building near where they had to park.

I am able to remove with meguiar's medium blue clay bar. However being straight black Toyota paint marring is left.

Is this my best bet followed by a light polish? I want to keep it low cost because she is also my next door neighbor. Are there less aggressive options that won't require polishing or less polishing?

I have tarminator and mineral spirits. I have searched here and read use of lacquer thinner, but seems risky.

Could y'all list in order of least aggressive to most, in which I should attempt to move forward?

rmagnus
12-07-2013, 12:14 AM
I doubt you'll be able to get away without polishing especially since its black.

Tarminator and mineral spirits plus maybe a plastic razor blade should do the trick but you'll have to ploish afterwards. I'd maybe try a more aggressive clay bar first.

AutowerxDetailing
12-07-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm thinking no matter what you're going to need to polish. Since clay seems to be working for you I'd say clay/AIO/done if looking for low cost.