PDA

View Full Version : Rubber on door sill

Pages : [1] 2

2007M6
12-06-2013, 01:49 AM
What would be the best way to handle the rubber inside the door? I've seen dust and dirt sometimes inside the crevice.

1. Wipe with a interior cleaner?
2. Clean with waterless wash?
3. Then dress with a vrp?

That's just my guess. Thanks in advance.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Use a light application of an interior cleaner on a mf towel.

You can re dress the area with a rubber dressing. 1z Gummi Pflege is great for this.

A-train
12-06-2013, 02:39 AM
For mildly a light APC or cleaner would be fine. Any rubber protectant that can soften up the rubber will work. IZ gummi pfledge would work good too.

Old Tiger
12-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Clean with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel or 1Z Cockpit Cleaner. My favorite is CarPro PERL. Second is Duragloss 531.

Kevin Cullen
12-06-2013, 08:24 AM
If I am going to clean the interior anyway and don't mind a little water inside I turn my pressure washer pressure down way low and use that to clean the area or hold my water hose spray nozzle real close and gently squeeze the trigger just abit to get a little water to come out.

If it is just a touch up I will use rinseless wash in a trigger bottle, wipedown and then reapply protection.

allenk4
12-06-2013, 10:09 AM
+1 Gummi

2007M6
12-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Just added to my cart. I never tried it. Thanks!

Hazcat
12-06-2013, 08:39 PM
I use my lower wash mitt when I'm washing down low. I just open the door and wash it and around the bottom of the door and anywhere in there that's filthy. You can use about anything to dress the rubber but I just got my bottle of IZ gummi pfledge delivered by UPS today.

Ncs0816
01-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Meg's rubber and vinyl cleaner. I think it's number 41

GettingStarted
01-09-2014, 09:26 PM
The gummi pflege is pretty cool, recently got mine in today and the smell is pretty nice as well as the conditioning effect.

Crispy
03-25-2015, 07:59 PM
On my car these moldings are not permanently attached and you can simply pull them off and clean them a small section at a time. They have a stiff metal inbeded in the portion that attaches to the car and the top part is very plyable so easy to clean and dress.

Ncs0816
03-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Use Meguiars rubber and vinyl cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

expdetailing
03-25-2015, 08:14 PM
My supplies when I clean weather stripping is:
1: A bucket of hot water mixed w/ ONR and a few MF towels.
2: A couple of brushes
3: A decent APC

I wipe the rubber with a wet mf towel, then use the apc for any really dirty spots. All of this is followed by a dry towel. The brushes come in handy to reach anywhere your finger(s) and a towel won't reach.
The bucket of hot water, to me, is the most valuable peice because the rags can be rinsed in the bucket, and I find cleaning weather stripping is faster if hit quickly with a wet rag first,instead of spraying the whole length of rubber with apc follwed by scrubbing with a brush. my 2 cents...
By the way, Mother's Foaminh Wheeel and Tire Cleaner works great on weatherstripping. Just follow it with a dressing.

cardaddy
03-25-2015, 10:46 PM
If I am going to clean the interior anyway and don't mind a little water inside I turn my pressure washer pressure down way low and use that to clean the area or hold my water hose spray nozzle real close and gently squeeze the trigger just abit to get a little water to come out.

If it is just a touch up I will use rinseless wash in a trigger bottle, wipedown and then reapply protection.

:dblthumb2: THIS :dblthumb2:

Maybe a spray with diluted APC/APC+ and agitation with a boars hair brush then hit it with the pressure washer. Wipe down after a spray with D114.

Finally, (after finishing your interior job) dress with your preferred VRP.:D

Paul A.
03-26-2015, 08:54 AM
+4 on 1Z Gummipfledge. I also like to keep them clean often which means reapp of Gummi.

Clean and moistly treated has kept my 07 seals like new! And cleaning means cleaning off the inside of the door jamb where they press when closed.