PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Towel

Pages : [1] 2

Tresca
12-05-2013, 08:01 PM
What are the actual specification for the Miracle towels? The product description says "The Miracle Towel boasts a 70/30 split weave as always.", the Microfiber Comparison Chart says 75/25, and the towels I received today have a tag that says 80/20.

FUNX650
12-05-2013, 09:50 PM
What are the actual specification for the Miracle towels? The product description says
"The Miracle Towel boasts a 70/30 split weave as always.",
the Microfiber Comparison Chart says 75/25,
and the towels I received today have a tag that says 80/20.
Now I know you must be thinking that this is something on the order approaching
disingenuous marketing/labeling/etc...But do not be discouraged:
A miracle of an explanation is on its way! :D

To Wit:

Almost all microfiber threads/yarns start out as 70/30.
This 70/30 thread/yarn is woven through a 100% polyester backing material..
At this part of the manufacturing process, and due to the addition of the backing material:
The composition of the microfiber product is now closer to being 80/20 (+/- a few % points).

Depending on where they are being manufactured; (and how close to compliance with US import laws they are abiding by):
Some of the microfiber products will be called/labeled as 70/30; and some will be called 75/25; 80/20; even 85/15.
Reason being:
Some count the additional polyester backing material in the polyester/polyamide-blends' mathematical %'s...Some don't.

IMHO...
You have absolutely nothing to be concerned with regarding these fantastic microfiber towels.
They truly live up to their Miracle Towel-nomenclature/naming!!

That's all I have at the moment, wrapped up in my nut-shell...
Hope it does help some.

:)

Bob

spiralout462
12-05-2013, 10:14 PM
What are the actual specification for the Miracle towels? The product description says "The Miracle Towel boasts a 70/30 split weave as always.", the Microfiber Comparison Chart says 75/25, and the towels I received today have a tag that says 80/20.

I don't care what they say. They are the first towel I reach for when removing a hazed LSP. They really serve that purpose well for me.

Rmd
12-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Miracle towel is the first AG towel that I have used that didn't impress me. The microfiber is good quality, but the satin border is very stiff, almost like folded cardboard. I'm not going to use these on paint. IMO, the supreme 530's and the purple plush are much higher quality for not that much more money.

Tresca
12-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm not impressed with the Miracle towels, and will not be buying anymore. If I had known they were 80/20 I would not have purchased these.

I hope AG updates the Microfiber Comparison Chart to get the latest specs and that the chart matches the product description page. There are other discrepancies such as the Gold Plush chart says 600g/m2 and the webpage says 380g/m2. I'm not implying anything other than inconsistencies that should be corrected.

spiralout462
12-06-2013, 10:34 AM
It's the nap of the Miracle Towel that comes in useful for wiping off wax. Because it has a little more bite it takes less effort and pressure to remove product. I also like the fact that it is thinner than other Cobra towels. For some applications it is nice to have a towel that doesn't "bunch up" and become hard to handle.

For waterless wash, quick detailing sprays and spray wax product I will use a 600 gsm Cobra or Crazy Pile from Microfiber Madness. For removing something on the stubborn side, a Miracle Towel is tough to beat.

hamlyn
12-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I prefer towels with no borders or edges. I used Borderless Blondes until I picked up some Eagle Edgeless Orange microfiber towels from the rag company I find them better than those I purchased from Zaino and AG (I paid $2.99 each wholesale). These are the best towels I have seen yet.

Barley
12-06-2013, 12:46 PM
I prefer towels with no borders or edges. I used Borderless Blondes until I picked up some Eagle Edgeless Orange microfiber towels from the rag company I find them better than those I purchased from Zaino and AG (I paid $2.99 each wholesale). These are the best towels I have seen yet.

I have blue and orange Eagles from RC as well. Surprised that more people don't talk about them on here. Got 5 for $15 on Black Friday.

Sent from my XT901 using AG Online

RFulmer
12-06-2013, 01:04 PM
The info on their chart is wrong for the Gold Plush also but I knew that when I bought them. It gives the wrong thickness.

FUNX650
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm not impressed with the Miracle towels, and will not be buying anymore. If I had known they were 80/20 I would not have purchased these.

Where:
A = Polyester
B = Polyamide

-What A/B blend are you wanting?

-Don't you believe that the Miracle Towel's 80/20 blend is
actually somewhere between a 70/30...to...85/15 blend?

:)

Bob

spiralout462
12-06-2013, 02:52 PM
The info on their chart is wrong for the Gold Plush also but I knew that when I bought them. It gives the wrong thickness.

gsm = Grams per square meter is not a measure of thickness but rather density.

There are towels on the market that are super thick but not dense at all, and vice versa.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
I don't buy my microfiber online when I detail at my friends shop. A vendor pops in now and again selling trash bags full of microfiber for $40 a bag. I'd say there are at least 100 towels per bag. And they are all great quality with no boarders. I don't really like towels with boarders.

cardaddy
12-07-2013, 02:27 AM

Holy Moly Batman! :)

You bought 250+ of those things? Seriously??? :eek:

What at $5.95 regular price they are terribly expensive. First price break is for 40, then again at 100, then it doesn't drop to $2.97 till you hit 250 or more. Not bad pricing, no doubt.

I've got a bunch in my cart now with the fall sale (that's still much less than the 250 count pricing), so I'll be able to check them out in a couple of weeks. Figure ground shipping this time of year from there will take quite a while.

Although that 250 count pricing is still considerably higher than MF Tech edgeless Korean's, which btw you don't have to buy but 120 (for full case pricing) and the price is a LOT (like over 50¢) less than that. ;) (I bet if you bought 2+ cases from MF Tech (which is where 250 would be) they'd end up down near 2 bucks.) :dunno:

I still want to see some wholesale pricing though on the new Shaggy Dog's. Being 400 gsm, super shaggy both sides and available as edgeless they'll be game changers for sure. Figure right now they are so new to the product lineup that Ian isn't needing/or wanting to discount them just yet. But knowing how well he normally prices stuff I can't wait to see the case pricing on those puppies! :props: May kill the need for 530's and perhaps 600's as well. Although his 530's are workhorses like non others! Time will tell. ;)

Rmd
12-07-2013, 03:41 AM
Do you have any of the shaggy dogs yet Tony? I got a couple packs of them this week. They really aren't like a typical towel with short and long nap sides, or even the 600 towels that are long nap both sides. The fibers are long, about 3/8 of an inch maybe. They are more like the MM crazy pile, but not as plush. The fibers seem not to be as tightly woven. Like a dog with a thinner coat than the fuzzy soft MM towel. Will play with them tomorrow with some waterless wash, some rinseless, will dry a panel, and buff off some wax with them to see what tasks they are best suited for.

swanicyouth
12-07-2013, 06:42 AM
The real miracle towel is called The Crazy Pile.