PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Woodstock, GA

Cricket
12-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Hello to all --
I've been on here awhile, reading, watching videos here and on YouTube, learning all I can about polishing/sealants/wax, with particular interest in first practicing paint correction, including wet-sanding by hand, and proper technique with my DA polisher. My husband has a few retired autocross cars for me to practice on, however they are single stage paint. I've practiced using my DA polisher on my '01 Dodge Intrepid, and OMG! It looked decent to begin with, but now it's looking pretty amazing. I'll tell you now, all the info I've been reading here, the videos, and Mike Phillips' articles, videos, and book are priceless. Thank you!

While my husband focuses on mechanics and performance, is a former autocrosser and autocross intructor, and loves to work on the cars' various mechanical issues and upgrades, maintenance, and such, I am enjoying making them all look their best - uncovering the shine and beauty hiding behind the neglect.

So why now? Because we were married this past summer. :-)

I learned to drive in my brother's '64 GTO, and he still has it, along with an attic full of trophies. I also learned in our family car - an immaculate 1954 Nash Ambassador with the continental wheel - Chartreuse and white.

We have two retired Rabbit GTI autocross cars, a Wolfsburg Jetta, an '82 Turbo Rabbit GTI, and an '83 Rabbit GTI roller. My husband's daily driver is his '90 red Miata. And I'm keeping my Intrepid.

After attending Miatas at the Gap, I decided to hunt for one of my own. I found a '99 emerald mica green with 200K miles and some fairly bad paint - serious road rash and clear coat failure across the hood. Runs great, and a great project car for me. :-) I've stripped the black hobby paint off the wheels and redone them myself, dark gray and polished aluminum.

Besides the cars, running the twisty roads of N. Georgia, TN, and NC, we also enjoy backcountry primitive camping and hammocking, swing dance and 2-step, and more DIY projects than we'll likely ever complete. We also both enjoy photography and some video production. That's a start for what goes on around here....

I don't usually write this much -- but I figured it was time, now that I have some questions regarding the new paint recently done on my "new" old Miata. :)

~Cricket :)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi Cricket, welcome to AGO.

Wow what an intro post. Congrats on the marriage.

Pureshine
12-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Welcome to AGO :)

SANTA3013
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Welcome from NW Georgia! Love the MX 5's. Been looking for a deal in an 06, 07, or 08. My personal opinion is they ruined the appearance when they changed the front-end in 09.

Bunch of great folks on here with a lot of experience and are happy to share and help others out. Enjoy your stay.

GreenPanther
12-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Welcome from down the road in Marietta.

Meghan
12-09-2013, 08:54 AM
:welcome:

hernandez.art13
12-09-2013, 09:13 AM
:welcome:

And yes wow what an intro post. I always enjoy looking at pictures. Especially classics :xyxthumbs:

Welcome aboard,

Art