PDA

View Full Version : Ring left on dash by sticky gel suction mount

krick
12-04-2013, 02:39 PM
x-post from Ask the Expert forum:

I used an iOttie dash mount with a sticky gel pad suction cup for the first time the other day, and while it did a terrific job of sticking to my dash, it also left a ring mark on my dash that I have not been able to get rid of. I've tried interior detailer spray (Meguiar's), adhesive remover (Turtle Wax) and rubbing alcohol, all to no avail. The ring itself seems to be shinier and slicker than the rest of the dash. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to get rid of the ring mark?

weekendwarrior
12-04-2013, 05:01 PM
x-post from Ask the Expert forum:

I used an iOttie dash mount with a sticky gel pad suction cup for the first time the other day, and while it did a terrific job of sticking to my dash, it also left a ring mark on my dash that I have not been able to get rid of. I've tried interior detailer spray (Meguiar's), adhesive remover (Turtle Wax) and rubbing alcohol, all to no avail. The ring itself seems to be shinier and slicker than the rest of the dash. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to get rid of the ring mark?

Have any APC? Also see this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/36645-adhesive-residue-dashboard.html