12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
:confused: What is all of this about?

allenk4
12-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Shut this thread down Please

SYMAWD
12-04-2013, 03:38 PM
:confused: What is all of this about?

You used to get a free sample at $50, but now it is at $95. Then again, they don't have to give out anything for free.

StangFan25
12-04-2013, 08:40 PM

Why?

You used to get a free sample at $50, but now it is at $95. Then again, they don't have to give out anything for free.

That's true, and I'm appreciative but, it benefits AG to offer them. Allowing customers to try a product will result in more sales if the customer is satisfied with the product. If not, AG is out 2-4oz. not a big loss.

goodinblack
12-04-2013, 08:49 PM
The only reason I have bought DGPS and Pinnacle Leather conditioner is because of those samples.

BTW the leather conditioner is one of the best smelling condtioners I have used.

Tato
12-04-2013, 08:50 PM
I agree with the last comment. Had a sample of souveran on my last order... to bad (for my wallet)! I can't wait to buy a full bottle after using it!

Best Wishes.

custmsprty
12-04-2013, 09:09 PM

Yeah, I've never received anything free from anywhere else I've ordered supplies. So what's the big deal.

Tato
12-04-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm not here to 'cry' about free stuff, however, it feels good to get a 'regalo' (spanish word for free gift from stores!). For us that have to deal with large shipping quotes + 60% tax (order+shipping), it would be nice to receive anything else to try out, to minimize the operational costs 'damage'.

I always wonder what I could have ordered when I have to pay a ~$100 shipping, plus ~$250 tax each order...

A Flex? The whole Pinnacle Black Label Line?

After complaining, never forget there's always someone else in a very worst situation!

Again, not crying about it, I'm happy even receiving only what I ordered (yes, nothing wrong with that).

Thank you autogeek for supplying my detailing needs.

Kind Regards.

pikiki
12-04-2013, 10:16 PM
What Tato said is true I never received any samples no matter how much I spent on any other store or online site. AG will be my only place to get my detailing supplies. WHY??? great customer service I ever experience plus then a freebie!!! really make my order experience 2 thumbs up!!!!!

MattyL
12-05-2013, 10:54 AM
My original post was a sterling example of why digital communication can obfuscate the tone someone is trying to convey in their message. I meant my post to be of a playful, nostalgic nature, not a complaint leveled at Autogeek.

Why? We're all adults. There's no need for censorship in this case.

Correct; they don't.

The only reason I have bought DGPS and Pinnacle Leather conditioner is because of those samples.

BTW the leather conditioner is one of the best smelling condtioners I have used.

That's true, and I'm appreciative but, it benefits AG to offer them. Allowing customers to try a product will result in more sales if the customer is satisfied with the product. If not, AG is out 2-4oz. not a big loss.
:iagree: with these two. In fact, WG TSR is on my shortlist of products to purchase after receiving a 2 oz. sample with a $60 order and having loved its performance!

Yeah, I've never received anything free from anywhere else I've ordered supplies. So what's the big deal.
No big deal, it's just a pleasant compliment for the casual detailer not always ordering $95 worth of products at a time, and there are other places that offer free products with eligible orders.

I'm not here to 'cry' about free stuff, however, it feels good to get a 'regalo' (spanish word for free gift from stores!). For us that have to deal with large shipping quotes + 60% tax (order+shipping), it would be nice to receive anything else to try out, to minimize the operational costs 'damage'.

I always wonder what I could have ordered when I have to pay a ~$100 shipping, plus ~$250 tax each order...

A Flex? The whole Pinnacle Black Label Line?

After complaining, never forget there's always someone else in a very worst situation!

Again, not crying about it, I'm happy even receiving only what I ordered (yes, nothing wrong with that).

Thank you autogeek for supplying my detailing needs.

Kind Regards.:iagree: Aptly put Tato.

Autogeek is an invaluable resource, both for products and information related to a passion those outside of the detailing community rarely appreciate, if ever. AG staff is world class and I will continue to do business with them without hesitation. I mean, there are times I can save enough $$ through them honoring price matches and shipping rates that I can purchase a sample anyway. I just miss the lower threshold, which allowed for the more casual detailer to experiment with some of the higher-end lines (WG, BF, Pinnacle) AG carries, that's all.

cshamilton
12-05-2013, 11:39 AM
My wife was going through my Christmas wish list that I have made and brought up a good point. Why are there not sample packs? Pick 5 or so for $x. She would gladly over-pay-per-ounce to get me several different products that I want for my stocking. It only makes sense.

I'm just putting it out there, I'm not here to complain, she'll buy me one thing of paste wax instead Im sure. Would be nice, and profitable for AG, if there was a bundle or something like that.