PDA

View Full Version : The "Safe N Easy" Winter Wash Method

artofdetailing
12-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Since its winter time, I wanted to type up a VERY safe wash + protection method that should take no longer than 1 hour. I recommend going to the Coin-Op wash bay to do this. I also recommend getting an insulated lunch bag to keep your "Winter Wash" stuff together and put it in your trunk. ***This method was designed for your personal vehicles***

Step 1: Attack wheel wells and wheels with Megs APC 3:1 + Daytona Speed Master + Black Microfiber Towel (Bring 2) One for the wheel faces, and one drying your wheels.

Step 2: Pressure Rinse Car

Step 3: Perform Waterless Wash using Kwazar Spray Bottle + Your Favorite Waterless Solution + 600 GSM Microfibers. I suggest the green 600 GSM towels from Microfiber Tech.

Step 4: Spray CarPro Hydro2 over entire vehicle and rinse with pressure washer. (You can use Hydro2 on wheels too!!) Don't get too close with the wand because you want the protection to stick to the paint. ***The awesome part about Hydro2 is that you spray it directly onto a wet car!!***

Step 5: Dry Your Car (Dry your wheels and tires too)

Step 6: Call your girlfriend or wife and tell them to have dinner ready :)

Make it easy on yourself. Its winter time. Your car is going to get dirty. 3 bottles, a wheel brush, and some microfiber towels guys...thats all it takes. This method is super safe and super effective. Hydro2 is IMO the easiest form of protection to apply and doing it weekly throughout the winter will really help keep your car safe from the damaging elements we experience during winter.

*Note: I personally don't clean tires in the winter with anything but a pressure washer.

As with most posts in the AG forum, people always feel the need to add/alter steps. I typed this up to be an easy guide for people so if you have something to add or alter, please keep in mind the overall goal of this wash. "Safe N Easy"

Thanks For Reading,
Brian

Hoytman
12-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Sounds 'Fast, Safe-N-Easy' to me! Nice post.

Romans5.8
12-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Sounds similar to what I do!

My only "variation", is that I rinse at the coin op, then come home and do a waterless, followed by a QD spray for shine. That's my 'weekly regimen'.

Docpeanut
12-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Sounds 'Fast, Safe-N-Easy'.

Sounds like me and my wife :o

Klasse Act
12-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Most quarter washes frown upon you hand washing in their stalls, just sayin'. Here's what I plan on doing on days where I've got snow/sludge mudflaps and caked on salt and dirt:

1. Spray down wheels w/ CG's Diablo wheel cleaner and then scrub real good. Spray tires w/ Bleach Black using my GG foaming head, let sit.

2. Rinse off tires/wheels and get up in the wheelwells real good.

3. Using the remaining time, rinse down the lower half of the car, switch to rinse and rinse off the remaining soap and sludge.

4. Drive back 1/4 mile to the underground garage and do a rinseless wash using the Garry Dean method (if the ground in dirt is still there) or my usual rinseless wash using my trusty Aqua sponge.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

GenesisCoupe
12-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the post! I will have to look into Hydrotech

tommygee
12-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Sounds similar to what I do!

My only "variation", is that I rinse at the coin op, then come home and do a waterless, followed by a QD spray for shine. That's my 'weekly regimen'.

:iagree: