PDA

View Full Version : Advice On Polish/Glaze Needed

wiscTom
06-27-2007, 10:32 AM
I want to take advantage of the 4th Of July sale and place my first AG order (don’t know if any of my items are included in this sale, but hopefully I’ll get free shipping)

I have a recently purchased 2004 black Caddy, which I’ve been basically maintaining with OTC products over the last number of weeks (DG 111, S100, AW, etc). I’m on the fence as to whether I want to go the electric polishing route (future UDM reviews may push me over J), but currently I’d like to try doing the best I can by hand.

I have a rather random list of basic products and items I’d want to order (Grit guards, clay, ShMitt, Gussler, PB Natural Look, DP Total Interior, Amazing Roll-Off, DP APC and some Cobra MFs), but I could use help with some specific products.

You’ve got me convinced that I have to try the Soveran Paste. Before using this wax, I want to clean the paint and try to minimize the minor swirls I currently have. Some of you have mentioned Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze for hand application polishing (doesn’t look like I can get this from AG). Would this be all I need between wash, clay and wax ? I thought I remember reading something about a glaze that would minimize/hide minor swirls (temporarily for a couple of washes).

I’m also thinking about grabbing some Klasse AIO and DP 4-1 with this order, based on all your comments and their multiple uses.

Would appreciate any advice you have …. thanks ….Tom

budman3
06-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I haven't done any polishing by hand in a long time so I can't help you there. But using a light polish would be your best bet to remove your swirls which'll give you a great finish. A glaze will fill in swirls (some more than others...) but why fill them when you can remove them? I'd stick with using a glaze for now until you buy a PC or UDM and then buy the proper polishes for that. As for the AIO... I haven't used it in a while. It is a great product but isn't necessary for me anymore. It's polintless to use if you are using a glaze and the only time it'd be beneficial is if you were trying to clean (strip) the paint free of and products or removing oxidation. One more thing...there are two products that you can never have too much of-- clay and microfiber towels :).