PDA

View Full Version : Time to Re-Stock Some Supplies

Pages : [1] 2

davey g-force
12-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm running low on a few products and plan to place a bulk order soon. Just wondering if you have any thoughts on what I should get for the below items:

1. Spray Wax (in bulk) - I currently use (and love) D156. Anything better out there for around the same money?

2. QD (in bulk) - I currently use (and like) M135. Anything better out there for around the same money?

3. I want to try a semi-permanent trim dressing. Something that will darken black trim and last through several washes / rainstorms. I'm thinking UTTG or PERL?

4. I'm looking for a TRUE "non-sling" tire dressing or coating. Longevity is not an issue, as I don't mind re-applying every week. Tuf Shine maybe? Or is the new Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating available yet?

5. A quick interior detailer - is the new Meguiars Ultimate Interior Detailer available yet?

6. A good leather cleaner / conditioner (one step) for a reasonable price - what can you recommend?

7. I might venture into the world of paint coatings, so a good, easy to use paint coating for a reasonable price. I'm thinking DP Paint Coating?

There are also several other items I need (want!) but I already know what I'm gonna buy for those.

I appreciate any thoughts / opinions / experiences you may have :dblthumb2:

davey g-force
12-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Can anybody provide some insight?

I want to place an order today! :awesome:

davey g-force
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow, that went well! :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm on my own on this one. Thanks for your help.

Hoytman
12-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Perhaps folks think your answers lie within your questions.

Chris@AutoCleanse
12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
V7 for the quick detailer and optimum spray wax. I like those and use them often. Good luck.

The Guz
12-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Wish I could help you with a different typ of spray wax and QD but I use M135 and D156 as well. Both good products.

I'm waiting for the new megs ultimate tire coating but for the time being I'm using megs D163 tire & trim gel (Meguiars Tire & Trim Gel, tire dressing, trim dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-tire-trim-gel.html)) which works good. It does not sling and I get about a months worth of durability with 2 coats. But then again I live in southern california and I only see rain from time to time.

If you want a long lasting tire coating then consider tuff shine.

Megs new products should be available within the next couple of weeks.

As far as paint coatings you can't go wrong with DP. You may want to consider black label. Seen many good results with it.

davey g-force
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Perhaps folks think your answers lie within your questions.

Quite possibly so. I must be on the right track then! :)

davey g-force
12-03-2013, 05:11 PM
V7 for the quick detailer and optimum spray wax. I like those and use them often. Good luck.

Thanks very much Chris! I'll give those two a look for sure.

Wish I could help you with a different typ of spray wax and QD but I use M135 and D156 as well. Both good products.

I'm waiting for the new megs ultimate tire coating but for the time being I'm using megs D163 tire & trim gel (Meguiars Tire & Trim Gel, tire dressing, trim dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-tire-trim-gel.html)) which works good. It does not sling and I get about a months worth of durability with 2 coats. But then again I live in southern california and I only see rain from time to time.

If you want a long lasting tire coating then consider tuff shine.

Megs new products should be available within the next couple of weeks.

As far as paint coatings you can't go wrong with DP. You may want to consider black label. Seen many good results with it.

Thanks Guz!

Maybe I'll just keep it simple and use D163 for now, if you reckon it doesn't sling. As I said, durability is not really an issue.

And looks like DP may be the coating fo me. Thanks again :xyxthumbs:

HateSwirls
12-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I just found out how well Wolfgang Trim Sealant works, gives the trim that new look, dries to the touch fairly quick , the results was more than I could have ever hoped for,ca little goes a very long way too.
Completely dries, no oily feel to it.
Tried it on the tires too, same results.
From what I read you should get 3-4 months of protection and maintain that dark, rich color.
Makes faded trim look brand new again.:dblthumb2:

stilltipping3
12-03-2013, 07:01 PM
I like the M 135 very much but it's expensive. I use Garry Deans most of the time. It's versatile. I like megs for tires and dressing. Many applications again. Klasse is a good sealant and u get a lot for ur $$. I also like Smart Leather by cg.

Radarryan
12-03-2013, 08:20 PM
I will try to help the best I can, but please keep in mind I am not a professional and don't have the volume that they have. Furthermore, I like to try new things but have not tried all of the things out there, obviously. The one thing, though, is I read a lot of reviews and will do my best to point you in the right direction.

First, I'm sorry but I can offer no advice regarding my experience with spray waxes; I have used none. From what I have heard, though, Optimum Car Wax is great as a stand-alone and can be bought fairly cheap in bulk. I don't know the exact price vs. Meguiar's, but I think it would be worth taking a look at.

Could you possibly use a waterless wash instead of a QD? I know that the lines are being blurred regarding what exactly the difference is, but I have had great luck with Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+, and others have as well. It has a fantastic dilution ratio and if you buy a gallon, it will last you practically forever. I would definitely check it out!

I have used PERL and it is a great all around product. I just ordered UTTG, but from what the reviews are I don't think you could go wrong there. Is there any reason you don't want to use a permanent coating, like GTechniq C4 or CarPro DLux? I have used DLux and really love it. If you wanted to darken even more, you could top the DLux with UTTG or PERL. Most tests, however, show UTTG lasting months as a stand alone.

I have used PERL on the tires and haven't found any sling if it is applied thinly and properly. You can layer for your desired result. Obviously, Tuf Shine will last longer but the application can be finicky if the tire is not 100% clean. You haven't said if you wanted matte, satin, or glossy tires, but I know that Dodo Juice Tyromania does not sling at all, based on reviews, and is a true matte dressing. UTTG is another good choice if you don't want much shine. I think you need to wait until 2014 for the Meguiar's product.

My favorite, hands down, is 1Z Cockpit Premium. It has light cleaning power, a wonderful scent, and factory finish. If you require more cleaning power, you can use 1Z Deep Plastic or an APC (I use Optimum Power Clean) diluted to your specs.

I have used SONAX Leather Foam Cleaner/Conditioner, and have also seen 1Z Leather Care been used to fantastic results (I saw Todd Helme use it in a Ferrari and I figured if it's good enough for him in a customer's Ferrari, it's probably good enough for anyone.) Quick note: 1Z can only be used on coated leather, while the SONAX can be used on aniline - that's part of the reason I got the SONAX, since my dad's car has aniline leather (95% of cars have coated or semi-coated, though.) Also, I use Leather Masters, but that is a multi-step approach. If you decide to do separate cleaning, conditioning, protecting, I would highly recommend them.

Honestly, I have used Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, GTechniq C1 & EXOv2, and CarPro CQuartz. They're all good. Not to sound like sound cliché, but it's true that 97% of it is the prep work. I have Opti-Coat on my Range Rover (it's outside 24/7), CarPro CQuartz on my mom's, Opti-Coat on my dad's Aston Martin, and GTechniq C1 & EXO on my Porsche 911. I think that they all have their strengths and weaknesses, so do your research and you'll be fine. I think any of the choices that AG carries, including their own coatings, would be great choices. Just figure out what you want and go from there!

I hope that this helps. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have. Good luck choosing and happy detailing!

davey g-force
12-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I just found out how well Wolfgang Trim Sealant works, gives the trim that new look, dries to the touch fairly quick , the results was more than I could have ever hoped for,ca little goes a very long way too.
Completely dries, no oily feel to it.
Tried it on the tires too, same results.
From what I read you should get 3-4 months of protection and maintain that dark, rich color.
Makes faded trim look brand new again.:dblthumb2:

Thanks for the input. I've heard good things about WETS too. :props:

davey g-force
12-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I like the M 135 very much but it's expensive. I use Garry Deans most of the time. It's versatile. I like megs for tires and dressing. Many applications again. Klasse is a good sealant and u get a lot for ur $$. I also like Smart Leather by cg.

Cool, I'll have to check out the CG Smart Leather. Many thanks :props:

goldendodo19
12-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I think d156 is a great spray wax. I like the looks, beading is nice, and slickness is good for a spray. Plus it's very economical.

For a spray detailer I like last touch but if you enjoy m135 might as well stick with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

davey g-force
12-03-2013, 08:54 PM
I will try to help the best I can, but please keep in mind I am not a professional and don't have the volume that they have. Furthermore, I like to try new things but have not tried all of the things out there, obviously. The one thing, though, is I read a lot of reviews and will do my best to point you in the right direction.

First, I'm sorry but I can offer no advice regarding my experience with spray waxes; I have used none. From what I have heard, though, Optimum Car Wax is great as a stand-alone and can be bought fairly cheap in bulk. I don't know the exact price vs. Meguiar's, but I think it would be worth taking a look at.

Could you possibly use a waterless wash instead of a QD? I know that the lines are being blurred regarding what exactly the difference is, but I have had great luck with Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+, and others have as well. It has a fantastic dilution ratio and if you buy a gallon, it will last you practically forever. I would definitely check it out!

I have used PERL and it is a great all around product. I just ordered UTTG, but from what the reviews are I don't think you could go wrong there. Is there any reason you don't want to use a permanent coating, like GTechniq C4 or CarPro DLux? I have used DLux and really love it. If you wanted to darken even more, you could top the DLux with UTTG or PERL. Most tests, however, show UTTG lasting months as a stand alone.

I have used PERL on the tires and haven't found any sling if it is applied thinly and properly. You can layer for your desired result. Obviously, Tuf Shine will last longer but the application can be finicky if the tire is not 100% clean. You haven't said if you wanted matte, satin, or glossy tires, but I know that Dodo Juice Tyromania does not sling at all, based on reviews, and is a true matte dressing. UTTG is another good choice if you don't want much shine. I think you need to wait until 2014 for the Meguiar's product.

My favorite, hands down, is 1Z Cockpit Premium. It has light cleaning power, a wonderful scent, and factory finish. If you require more cleaning power, you can use 1Z Deep Plastic or an APC (I use Optimum Power Clean) diluted to your specs.

I have used SONAX Leather Foam Cleaner/Conditioner, and have also seen 1Z Leather Care been used to fantastic results (I saw Todd Helme use it in a Ferrari and I figured if it's good enough for him in a customer's Ferrari, it's probably good enough for anyone.) Quick note: 1Z can only be used on coated leather, while the SONAX can be used on aniline - that's part of the reason I got the SONAX, since my dad's car has aniline leather (95% of cars have coated or semi-coated, though.) Also, I use Leather Masters, but that is a multi-step approach. If you decide to do separate cleaning, conditioning, protecting, I would highly recommend them.

Honestly, I have used Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, GTechniq C1 & EXOv2, and CarPro CQuartz. They're all good. Not to sound like sound cliché, but it's true that 97% of it is the prep work. I have Opti-Coat on my Range Rover (it's outside 24/7), CarPro CQuartz on my mom's, Opti-Coat on my dad's Aston Martin, and GTechniq C1 & EXO on my Porsche 911. I think that they all have their strengths and weaknesses, so do your research and you'll be fine. I think any of the choices that AG carries, including their own coatings, would be great choices. Just figure out what you want and go from there!

I hope that this helps. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have. Good luck choosing and happy detailing!

Wow, thanks so much for taking the time to do a detailed response.

I do use a WW, but I still want a separate QD.

I suppose I could try a permanent coating for the trim - I'll look into it.

I like a satin finish on my tires, so perhaps PERL would be best for me.

Again, thanks for your response, it really helped a lot! :xyxthumbs: