PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on this cart?

orcat
12-02-2013, 10:30 PM
I've been looking for a cart for a while and came across this one and was immediately intrigued. It seems like a cross between the Snap-On one that Mike uses and regular cart (kind of)

Putting a drawer liner on the top of the storage cabinet would make for another nice shelf area.

It costs about $150. What are your thoughts?

The Excel TC304C

HateSwirls
12-02-2013, 10:40 PM
I guess if one likes working with a cart this one is really a good one.
Myself I prefer my little rolling car that I sit on with storage room all around it.

twitch77
12-02-2013, 11:06 PM
If you have A LOT of room that cart might be ok. To me it seems like it would be too bulky. I'm also wondering if the legs of that cart might get in the way of extension cords.

I just have an inexpensive Sterilite 2 drawer plastic cart like this and it's perfect.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/31/49/37/0007314937208_300X300.jpg

But everyone has a different style in what they like. If that cart suits your style then go for it. :xyxthumbs:

scott

orcat
12-02-2013, 11:28 PM
If you have A LOT of room that cart might be ok. To me it seems like it would be too bulky. I'm also wondering if the legs of that cart might get in the way of extension cords.

I just have an inexpensive Sterilite 2 drawer plastic cart like this and it's perfect.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/31/49/37/0007314937208_300X300.jpg

But everyone has a different style in what they like. If that cart suits your style then go for it. :xyxthumbs:

scott

You bring up a good point.... Didn't think about the floor space that would probably be required to make it practical.

Thanks

Mike Phillips
12-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi John,

Read your PM, here's my comments...

First, that's a pretty cool looking cart.

I like the Snap-On cart we have in the garage for displaying product next to the current project car and for video work but the cart I find myself using personally whenever I'm working on a car is the Meguiar's cart.

It's made from a strong plastic and is actually quite sturdy. It has three shelves, the lower two are good for storage and the top is good for holding the products, pads, tools etc. that you're using at the moment.

Even wrote an article about it...

Meguiar's Detailing Cart - Holds a lot of stuff... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/62775-meguiar-s-detailing-cart-holds-lot-stuff.html)

Not only do I use it for every car detailing project I also use it everyday to take things from my office to the garage.

If I had a top ten list of tools I really like this would be on it.

One more comment, anytime you have a cart made out of steel you need to bring up your level of awareness and carefulness as it relates to the cart being close to any car to avoid any damages to the car.

:)

Mike Phillips
12-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Just for reference for anyone that reads this into the future...

The Cool Detailing Cart in Autogeek's Show Car Garage! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/52089-cool-detailing-cart-autogeek-s-show-car-garage.html)

This one works great for doing video work when displaying products but I find the Meguiar's Detailing Cart to actually be more functional when it comes to getting work done.

FWIW

:)

orcat
12-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Some excellent points were raised. I think I got caught up in the "Wow, what a cool cart" thing.

If not the Megs cart, going to get a cart similar.

rouxster
12-03-2013, 11:05 AM
If I had a top ten list of tools I really like this would be on it.

Mike, I think you brought up a great idea. Can you do a write up on the top ten tools you like to use on an everyday basis?

12-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I've been looking for a cart for a while and came across this one and was immediately intrigued. It seems like a cross between the Snap-On one that Mike uses and regular cart (kind of)

Putting a drawer liner on the top of the storage cabinet would make for another nice shelf area.

It costs about $150. What are your thoughts?

The Excel TC304C

Looks cool but I'd wanna lock the wheels so it doesn't accidentally roll into something such the car I may be working on...

nebojsa
12-10-2013, 09:30 PM
I bought the Meguiar's Detailing Cart and love it. It easy to put together(uses no screws) the wheel can be locked and it holds A LOT of stuff.

KS_Detailing
12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I bought the Meguiar's Detailing Cart and love it. It easy to put together(uses no screws) the wheel can be locked and it holds A LOT of stuff.

I have the same cart as well. All you need is a rubber mallet to put the cart together. Right now I'm using it more for storage but it holds alot of stuff, I'm happy I got it.