PDA

View Full Version : Professional Detailer's Directory

TOGWT
06-27-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm constantly being asked to recommend a professional detailer, so provisionally I though about putting together a listing by state and will include it my e-book, I might start a specific website dependant upon the response. This directory will not be detailing forum specific

Which state(s) do you operate in?
How far are you willing to travel or home state only?
Paint surface correction with HS rotary or PC only?
Colour / wet-sanding paint correction undertaken?
Do you evaluate the vehicles condition and find out the owners expectations?
Car care products most used?
How many years have you been in operation as a Professional?
Send e-mail to information@TOGWT.com - stating name, company name, and contact details and answers to above questions. But please don’t post information on this thread, I don’t want the forum moderators to think I’m encouraging SPAM on their forum.

PS: I know this has been tried before on other forums but I'm not a product vendor searching for leads to pro detailer's...

Of the many responses thus far, 90% have suggested I look at forum threads in which they have posted photos of their work. This is about as far as I'm prepared to go in the vetting process.

I recommend good detailers to those who have read my book and know what constitutes a proper 'detail' and /or paint correction. Most are prepared to have a pro detailer 'fix' their detailing errors and with the knowledge gained maintain their own vehicle and some who are pressed for time will become regular clients

Note: I define a professional as someone who gets paid for their detailing work, not necessarily full-time, I will add at this juncture I am not looking to add car-wash operations, only those capable of full paint correction / detailing.

bambo2888
06-27-2007, 07:19 AM
hey, you're the guy from acurazine, correct?

TOGWT
06-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Acurazine is one of several detailing forums I contribute to as TOGWT

bambo2888
06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
figured as much

YankeeFan
06-28-2007, 07:08 AM
what book?

dengood1
07-02-2007, 06:21 PM
what book?

Reference source- Automotive Detailing Inside & Out, A Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist – by Jon Miller aka TOGWT™ © 2004 – 2007 all rights reserved

;)