PDA

View Full Version : Brake Dust....

Joanie
06-04-2006, 11:14 AM
What product is the best product for chrome wheel maintenance? I have a BMW 530i that creates brake dust if you just look at it!

wytstang
06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I've used Poorboys Wheel sealant on my chrome rims, it makes cleaning them quite easy.

ScottB
06-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Poorboys Spray and Rinse is hands down the easiest wheel cleaner to use on brake dust. That said it is heavy hitter (citric acid based, not hydrocloric or lye like store bought) and you should heed the directions. Wet wheels, cool wheels, and never on uncoated aluminum. It works on chrome well, and you will only need to use sporatically (monthly).

I also highly suggest coating the wheels in DP Wheel Glaze or Poorboys Wheel Sealant afterwards. Usually car soap and water will work for several weeks and then you can do both again as needed.

On a seperate note, seriously consider ceramic based brake pads on your next replacement. There is no percievable dust, and they work well in almost all circumstances.

Joanie
06-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Thank you, Poorboys it is!

On the brake dust issue, I have ordered a set of the discs that are supposed to reduce the amount of the dust that get on the wheels. Do you have any experience using these disks?? I ordered them from Auto Geek.