PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Pinnacle SSII vs Liquid Sov?

Pages : [1] 2

TCB
06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
So far I have been using Natty's Blue as my final layer after using XMT360 and it has always worked out very well. I am wondernig though if there is another set of products out there that would give me an ever better, wetter, deeper shine.

I have heard/read great stuff about the Pinnacle SIgnature Series II and the Liquid Souveran (not ready to drop $80 on Paste). Has anyone used both and if so which one did you like better in terms of ease of use and final outcome?

Thanks.

supercharged
06-26-2007, 09:29 PM
So far I have been using Natty's Blue as my final layer after using XMT360 and it has always worked out very well. I am wondernig though if there is another set of products out there that would give me an ever better, wetter, deeper shine.

I have heard/read great stuff about the Pinnacle SIgnature Series II and the Liquid Souveran (not ready to drop $80 on Paste). Has anyone used both and if so which one did you like better in terms of ease of use and final outcome?

Thanks.
SSII does a fine job poping up flakes, where Liquid Souveran brightens up the finish, and pops flakes. If you are not ready to drop $80 on the paste, why not get the new XMT 180 wax? I've heard it does a fine job creating deep wet finish. I'm ordering some of it myself.

bambo2888
06-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I love SSII on my white diamond pearl. Likewise, XMT180 came out awesome on my bike. I honestly would choose a paste over a liquid anyday.

TCB
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I love SSII on my white diamond pearl. Likewise, XMT180 came out awesome on my bike. I honestly would choose a paste over a liquid anyday.

My car really doesn't have much metal flake at all. They say it doesn't have any at all but I am not too sure about that. The reason I considered a liquid over a paste was simply "portion control". No matter how much I try to use the proper amount of paste I always seem like I go thru it faster than liquid.

I haven't heard that much about the 180 yet but I certainly may consider it. I will actually consider anything that will help me achieve that ridiculously deep & wet shine I am after.

D
06-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I used the Liquid on my black Mustang, then SSII on a black King Ranch. Both were polished to a no swirl finish. And I think the King Ranch looked better.

Ive got some paste coming tomorrow that Ill be putting on a black Bentley.

None of these cars have any flakes.

bambo2888
06-26-2007, 11:54 PM
My car really doesn't have much metal flake at all. They say it doesn't have any at all but I am not too sure about that. The reason I considered a liquid over a paste was simply "portion control". No matter how much I try to use the proper amount of paste I always seem like I go thru it faster than liquid.

I haven't heard that much about the 180 yet but I certainly may consider it. I will actually consider anything that will help me achieve that ridiculously deep & wet shine I am after.

In all honesty, when it comes to any of PBMAs pastes, the less you use the better. From opening the container, swipe your foam applicator but 3 times lightly, and youre set for the entire hood and probably both fenders. Thick coats doesn't mean anything except wasted product. Think of it this way: whatever you end up wiping off of the car is just wasted product.

With this in mind, I find liquid waxes to run out MUCH quicker.

If you are willing to spend the little extra, I highly suggest the Souveran, seeing as how "deep and wet" are what you are looing for. Next line I would suggest XMT180, and finally DP MaxWax. The SSII and Liquid Souveran I find to be best on lighter, metallic, and pearl finishes.

Good luck!

Jimmie
06-27-2007, 12:21 AM
You also asked about ease of use. Nowdays I'd say flip a coin paste vs. liquid. With alot of the paste waxes being wax on wax off they seem just as easy to use as the liquid. Maybe more so.

TCB
06-27-2007, 09:02 AM
In all honesty, when it comes to any of PBMAs pastes, the less you use the better. From opening the container, swipe your foam applicator but 3 times lightly, and youre set for the entire hood and probably both fenders. Thick coats doesn't mean anything except wasted product. Think of it this way: whatever you end up wiping off of the car is just wasted product.

With this in mind, I find liquid waxes to run out MUCH quicker.

If you are willing to spend the little extra, I highly suggest the Souveran, seeing as how "deep and wet" are what you are looing for. Next line I would suggest XMT180, and finally DP MaxWax. The SSII and Liquid Souveran I find to be best on lighter, metallic, and pearl finishes.

Good luck!

I actually don't have any applicator pads, at least if I do I put them aside and don't remember where. I use a PC7424 and getting paste on that is kinda of a pain. I almost always winding up using too much at the start to ensure that my pad is wet enough to prevent damage to the paint (I also use pad conditioner at the start as well).

I actually have a goldish colored minivan (wife's) and a light/metallic grey cobra so perhaps the SSII is what I should try. The XMT180 also sounds promising as does the Natty's Red but I haven't been able to find and good reviews comparing them. I'll keep searching.

thanks for the input so far!

jkornis1
06-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Thes SSII will look great on that metallic grey for sure. I would buy spray souveran to top/refresh the SSII. I do this regularly and have awsome results. The SSII makes the metallic pop and the spray souveran makes it look dripping wet and doesn't seem to mute the flake at all.

Gnarboots11
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
probably the most satisfying part of detailing a car for me is applying a paste wax by hand and wiping off with a MF towel. I just love that process. I love to feel the car under my gentle hand, and carress it. Using a machine to apply just sounds awful, I would never do such a thing. I love paste wax!

ScottB
06-27-2007, 06:02 PM
both are nice additions, I too would give a slight nod to SSII . Just remember to get the Souveran booster wax (spray) to use on all of them to keeping them a 'popping !

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-27-2007, 08:46 PM
probably the most satisfying part of detailing a car for me is applying a paste wax by hand and wiping off with a MF towel. I just love that process. I love to feel the car under my gentle hand, and carress it. Using a machine to apply just sounds awful, I would never do such a thing. I love paste wax!

Couldn't have said it better myself, for my personal vehicles that is.

Gary Sword
06-27-2007, 08:57 PM
On lighter non-metallic colors especially white I like Liquid Souveran better. On metallic and darker colors I like Signiture Series Better.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
On lighter non-metallic colors especially white I like Liquid Souveran better. On metallic and darker colors I like Signiture Series Better.

What about lighter metallic color (Silver metallic)?

sparkie
06-28-2007, 03:59 AM
I love both of them. MotorCity Honda, I would go with Liquid Souveran or SSII for Silver metallic.