PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Siding/PVC Fencing

Dogfather
11-30-2013, 10:29 PM
What do you guys use to wash?

twitch77
11-30-2013, 11:23 PM
I was using Jomax/bleach in a pump sprayer with a bucket of liquid soap/water and a scrub brush.

I don't own a pressure washer but borrowed my parents washer to do this once. I found it inconvenient to lug around the house as the water hose and sprayer hose kept getting tangled. I didn't use that method again after that experience.

This last time I used a product called Mold Armor EZ House Wash from WalMart. This is in a green hose end sprayer bottle which you spray on the surface and let dwell for about 10 minutes then hose off. This sprayer has a pretty decent reach (better than the pump sprayer did) and is also just a bleach solution. Application from the spray bottle made it extremely convenient. The bottle was not enough to do the whole house (1900 sq/ft) but that was ok with me. When the bottle was empty I refilled it with a mixture of soap and bleach. I did have some spots that needed a second spray down and agitation with the scrub brush so that was my cardio workout :dblthumb2:

scott

BillE
12-01-2013, 09:10 AM
I've used the Mold Armor EZ House Wash for a few years. Seems to work well. Still need to use a long handle brush for some areas (like the gutters, and those little areas).

Having always lived in a 'wood house' for 99% of my life, I must say, I DON'T miss painting in the least.

Bill