PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Opti-Clean >UWW+ as a rinseless pre-soak?

MattyL
11-30-2013, 09:07 AM
By virtue of Opti Clean's inherent "cleaners"(per AG's product description), would it then not be the better option over UWW+ as a rinseless presoak? UWW+ makes no mention of any cleaners in its product description as much as it states that it simply "cleans". To me, in other words, UWW+ relies on lubricating and flushing contaminates to clean without having any dedicated cleaners to assist in releasing the contaminates' bond to the paint, while Opti-Clean posses these cleaners and would, therefore, prove the more appropriate product. Does this logic hold any water in your eyes?

I'm looking for a pre-soak option, for when the paint accumulates winter road grim, that somehow replicates the cleaning action of an APC, but without any concern of stripping any sealant/wax I have on the car.

Thanks guys!

MattyL
11-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Bump

cleanmycorolla
11-30-2013, 12:21 PM
UWW+ will work fine! you're over thinking it. :-)

ZeroSP
11-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Both works fine... I use Opti Clean as pre soak, especially for those lower car body parts.

In fact I use it nearly anywhere even within household cleaning.

tnecniv
11-30-2013, 01:41 PM
I've used both Opti-Clean and UWW+ as a presoak to my ONR rinseless washes. Personally, I prefer UWW+ as it feels so much more slick. Also, for some reason whenever I use Opti-Clean it's a huge pain to completely dry off (streaks) without having to use a lot of wiping pressure.

MattyL
11-30-2013, 02:41 PM
UWW+ will work fine! you're over thinking it. :-)
He doesn't think so:
Im the MAN
Ha! Ha!

Both works fine... I use Opti Clean as pre soak, especially for those lower car body parts.

In fact I use it nearly anywhere even within household cleaning.

That's where I was most interested about. How does it compare to a normal ONR presoak?

I've used both Opti-Clean and UWW+ as a presoak to my ONR rinseless washes. Personally, I prefer UWW+ as it feels so much more slick. Also, for some reason whenever I use Opti-Clean it's a huge pain to completely dry off (streaks) without having to use a lot of wiping pressure.

Even after the subsequent rinseless wash?

ZeroSP
12-01-2013, 09:44 PM
He doesn't think so:
Im the MAN
Ha! Ha!

That's where I was most interested about. How does it compare to a normal ONR presoak?

Even after the subsequent rinseless wash?

Opti Clean, depending on dilution ratio, yes it will streak a bit (Weather dependent too). But if you are doing a rinseless wash or just any car wash after pre-soaking with it, there is no worry about it.

ONR is a rinseless wash, therefore I would not really recommend it as pre-soak. It is more of something that you really use to wash the car.

Detailingdoc
12-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Opti Clean, depending on dilution ratio, yes it will streak a bit (Weather dependent too). But if you are doing a rinseless wash or just any car wash after pre-soaking with it, there is no worry about it.

ONR is a rinseless wash, therefore I would not really recommend it as pre-soak. It is more of something that you really use to wash the car.

I use ONR at the QD dilution ratio at 8 oz per gallon as a presoak prior to my ONR rinseless wash.

Been debating if I want to switch to opticlean instead.

ZeroSP
12-02-2013, 12:08 PM
I use ONR at the QD dilution ratio at 8 oz per gallon as a presoak prior to my ONR rinseless wash.

Been debating if I want to switch to opticlean instead.

Well if that is working well, then just keep it on :) Just keep gallons of ONR instead of 2 separate product. But I do reckon Opti Clean is good to have, I keep it in my car with clean MF just in case nasty bird bombs occurred.

jim2100
11-16-2018, 11:56 AM
I spoke with Optimum Car Care yesterday, November 15-2018 they said that Opti clean or ONR could be used as a pre wash. That's exactly the nature of my call yesterday to find out if I needed to buy Opti clean as well.
I'm hoping to use it at a touchless car wash on the lower portions of the car. But every touchless car washes close today in the Chicago area because it's 31 degrees. I hope it works.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jim2100
11-16-2018, 12:03 PM

Been debating if I want to switch to opticlean instead.Here are the dilution ratios that Optimum gave me yesterday when I called.
1 oz 16 oz water
4 oz to a half a gallon of water
8 ounces to a gallon of water

Clay Lube,
2 oz ONR to a gallon of water

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ducksfan
11-17-2018, 08:05 PM
For a presoak, I'm only trying to break the surface tension. I would use ONR @ 1:128 to presoak for ONR.

I never liked Opticlean on paint. Ive had great results using it as an interior cleaner by over diluting it to 1:6 and using a distilled water/ power clean mix @ a 1:10 ratio to dilute it with.