PDA

View Full Version : Hydro tech pads vs ccs

TopThatDetail
11-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Getting ready to buy some more pads for my PC before this sale ends was wondering which ones I should buy??? Thanks in advance

Radarryan
11-29-2013, 09:18 PM
I've used both and much prefer HydroTech pads. Really no comparison in my opinion.

Happy detailing!

AutowerxDetailing
11-29-2013, 09:38 PM
CCS vs Hydro-Tech

Simplicity: Hydro-Tech you only have 3 different pads to deal with.

Durability: CCS by far (see design).

Design: CCS pads have better backing, as it carries all the way to the edge of the pad. Hydro-Tech pads are notorious for the edge of the pad digging into the backing plate and leading to shorter pad life (see durability). It has been argued that the dimples in the CCS pads could lead DAT compounds to break down unevenly, leading to increased haze after a polishing cycle. If using SMAT compounds this is not a concern. It has also been argued that the surface area in Hydro-Tech pads are larger due to the flatter pad face thereby leading to faster correction (all other factors being equal).

LSP: Hydro-Tech doesn't have a true non-abrasive pad. The crimson pad still has a little cut. CCS black, blue, red all have no cut and varying densities for your final polishing and LSP preferences.

Hope this helps in your decision making. FWIW I now use mostly Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats. I have used Hydro-Tech and CCS in the past and found them to both work well in different situations.

matryx
11-29-2013, 11:16 PM
CCS vs Hydro-Tech

Simplicity: Hydro-Tech you only have 3 different pads to deal with.

Durability: CCS by far (see design).

Design: CCS pads have better backing, as it carries all the way to the edge of the pad. Hydro-Tech pads are notorious for the edge of the pad digging into the backing plate and leading to shorter pad life (see durability). It has been argued that the dimples in the CCS pads could lead DAT compounds to break down unevenly, leading to increased haze after a polishing cycle. If using SMAT compounds this is not a concern. It has also been argued that the surface area in Hydro-Tech pads are larger due to the flatter pad face thereby leading to faster correction (all other factors being equal).

LSP: Hydro-Tech doesn't have a true non-abrasive pad. The crimson pad still has a little cut. CCS black, blue, red all have no cut and varying densities for your final polishing and LSP preferences.

Hope this helps in your decision making. FWIW I now use mostly Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats. I have used Hydro-Tech and CCS in the past and found them to both work well in different situations.

I also have the Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats pads you listed and was deciding if I should grab some Hydro-tech pads to try out. Do you still use the Hydro-pads? I've heard the Crimson pad has poor durability.

AutowerxDetailing
11-29-2013, 11:23 PM
I also have the Meg's MF, B&S MF, and LC Flats pads you listed and was deciding if I should grab some Hydro-tech pads to try out. Do you still use the Hydro-pads? I've heard the Crimson pad has poor durability.

I don't use them anymore because they all fell apart.

I gave the crimson ones to my dad because I got tired of looking at them. They held up pretty well though since I was only using them for light AIO jobs.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-30-2013, 02:21 AM
I've used both and much prefer HydroTech pads. Really no comparison in my opinion.

Happy detailing!

Agreed.

I love the closed cell design of the hydro tech pads. I feel they work better with DAT products.

jankerson
11-30-2013, 11:55 AM
I really like the HT Cyan pads, they cut fast while finishing out very well, almost and or LSP ready most of the time.

Gotta watch the 3" Cyan's though, as an experiment to see how aggressive they really are..... I put a 3" backing plate on my G110 V2 on 6 with the 3" Cyan and using M105 I went right through to the primer in seconds...... Was on a test panel.... So yes they will cut.

WAXOFF
11-30-2013, 02:15 PM
I like the CCS pads myself. I also have Hex logic ones but the CCs's seem to hold up better.

spence
11-30-2013, 06:33 PM
How does griot's orange (for polish) and red (for wax) pads compare ? And why would the ccs and HT pads be better ?

matryx
11-30-2013, 06:34 PM
I really like the HT Cyan pads, they cut fast while finishing out very well, almost and or LSP ready most of the time.

Gotta watch the 3" Cyan's though, as an experiment to see how aggressive they really are..... I put a 3" backing plate on my G110 V2 on 6 with the 3" Cyan and using M105 I went right through to the primer in seconds...... Was on a test panel.... So yes they will cut.

Wow that's scary. Right to the primer?! I used the B&S mainly but I've also tried the Meg's MF pads but I'm still new on using the GG6 and trying to get more experience on my technique and procedures.

Meticulous-Detail
11-30-2013, 07:53 PM
I have LC flat, hydro and CCS. I use mostly SMAT products and really like the CCS. Cells hold product and allow a longer working time. If I use a DAT product I switch to a flat or hydro.

I also have Meg's MF and Uber MF pads.

bobham
02-11-2014, 09:43 AM
and what does DAT stand for........thanks

Jaretr1
02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Diminishing Abrasive Technology