PDA

View Full Version : Product Squeeze Bottles

Pages : [1] 2

AutowerxDetailing
11-29-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm looking to stock up on squeeze bottles for my compound & polish. I have a bunch of the 8oz bottles with the little red caps. They work great but I always lose the caps.

I found these in the AG store: Wolfgang Squeeze Bottles, dispenser (http://www.autogeek.net/wg-depbm8-6.html)

... but I'm worried about how well they work after seeing the one negative review about the caps not fitting correctly. I'm wondering if any of you guys have used these with good results? The cap looks the same as the one that comes on the 16oz bottle of D300 MF compound (which is really nice). Any feedback or recommendations are kindly appreciated. Thanks!

swanicyouth
11-29-2013, 05:51 PM
I re-purpose the LA Awesome 16oz bottles and use the IPA dispenser tops. Those ones that look like cones always clog for me.

HateSwirls
11-29-2013, 05:51 PM
I use mustard squeeze bottle from the Dollar Tree and no problems with the caps staying on.
I'm cheap when it comes to these type items. Lol
Good luck, I'm sure someone will give you an answer.

Brody
11-29-2013, 05:55 PM
I bought 6 of them about two months ago and they were junk. The caps don't screw on to the bottles straight so they don't actually seal. After you flip it up to dispense some polish or what ever you are storing in it a few times, said product can be found leaking out around the cap. Had they been more than about $5 I would have called AG to complain. I replaced them with the Meguiars 16oz bottles which are in comparison to the Wolfgang bottles, fantastic. I highly recommend them.

If you want self cleaning dispenser bottles, these are the ticket Meguiars 16 oz. Self Cleaning Dispenser Bottle, squeeze bottle, polish dispenser (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-self-cleaning-dispenser.html)

Legacykid
11-29-2013, 06:05 PM
I just picked some up. What if you just rinse the cap after use before storing them away?( in terms of them clogging)

AutowerxDetailing
11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
I wonder if they would seal properly with some Teflon plumber's tape around the cap and thread on the bottle?

I prefer the smaller 8oz bottles over the 16oz so I can have more of a variety of compounds when I am mobile. I can fit 2 8oz bottles in each pocket of my detailing bag where the 16oz bottles take up a full pocket. I may have to go with the 16oz though if those are the only version that is durable enough to use repeatedly.

These are my main goals:
- Roughly 8oz size bottle
- Bottle is made of clear plastic to see what's inside
- Self cleaning lid OR cap that you can't lose
- Bonus (but not necessary) measurements on the side to see how much product has been used on each job.

AutowerxDetailing
11-29-2013, 06:40 PM
I re-purpose the LA Awesome 16oz bottles and use the IPA dispenser tops. Those ones that look like cones always clog for me.

What do the IPA dispenser tops look like?

kochdalton87
11-29-2013, 06:53 PM
I bought 6 of them about two months ago and they were junk. The caps don't screw on to the bottles straight so they don't actually seal. After you flip it up to dispense some polish or what ever you are storing in it a few times, said product can be found leaking out around the cap. Had they been more than about $5 I would have called AG to complain. I replaced them with the Meguiars 16oz bottles which are in comparison to the Wolfgang bottles, fantastic. I highly recommend them.

If you want self cleaning dispenser bottles, these are the ticket Meguiars 16 oz. Self Cleaning Dispenser Bottle, squeeze bottle, polish dispenser (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-self-cleaning-dispenser.html)

:iagree:

KS_Detailing
11-29-2013, 07:08 PM
I bought 6 of the AG version: Autogeek Squeeze Bottle, Autogeek dispenser (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-squeeze-bottle.html)

I have had no problems with my polishes, compounds & waxes. I have been using them for a few months now. Store the products inside and they still are fresh. I had the other bottles with the red caps and I thought those were junk. I had wax go bad right after putting them in those bottles. I don't think the seal was good with the red tops.

AutowerxDetailing
11-29-2013, 07:24 PM
I bought 6 of the AG version: Autogeek Squeeze Bottle, Autogeek dispenser (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-squeeze-bottle.html)

I have had no problems with my polishes, compounds & waxes. I have been using them for a few months now. Store the products inside and they still are fresh. I had the other bottles with the red caps and I thought those were junk. I had wax go bad right after putting them in those bottles. I don't think the seal was good with the red tops.

Thank you! This is interesting feedback. I have a bunch of the red top ones and they all seem to seal very well around the lid. The only problem is with repeated use the red caps begin to crack and then they fall off and get lost.

KS_Detailing
11-29-2013, 07:35 PM
I had to pierce the top of the red cap bottles. They were sealed when I got them, I assume this is normal. So I slightly cut the top with a scissor to give a nice opening. But they didn't seal well with the red cap on. I had wax in the old red cap bottle that I couldn't clean out because it clumped up. I just tossed it. So I order the new AG bottles and they are much better. I haven't had any problems with product clogging the tops. They are self cleaning as well. When you start getting down the last of your polish, the polish slides off the bottom and down the sides. I would forget where a red cap was as well, it nice the top of the new bottles just slides downs and locks.

dcjredline
11-29-2013, 08:09 PM
I have some of the BF and Wolfgang ones and the caps weren't the greatest as far as fit goes. They took a little to line up but after they are on they are GREAT. So good in fact that I ordered some more today. I love the non-clog dispenser caps!

The Guz
11-29-2013, 11:22 PM

:iagree:

Thank you! This is interesting feedback. I have a bunch of the red top ones and they all seem to seal very well around the lid. The only problem is with repeated use the red caps begin to crack and then they fall off and get lost.

I'm with these guys. I bought three of these and they work great. As a matter of fact I dropped one yesterday which was full of M105 and it was still intact.

Calendyr
11-29-2013, 11:33 PM
I use mustard squeeze bottle from the Dollar Tree and no problems with the caps staying on.
I'm cheap when it comes to these type items. Lol
Good luck, I'm sure someone will give you an answer.

Same here. 1.50$ for 2 bottles, I believe they are 12 ounces but I never mesured. The ones I buy at the dollar store have twist caps that stay on but twist open and shut. They works extremelly well. The only issue I have had so far was with Opti-bond. There is something in Opti-Bond that makes the caps screw itself off the bottle. So you have to be really careful with that.

Other than that, no issue with all the other 20 some products I use with these bottles.

davidg
11-30-2013, 02:22 AM
Why not try to find shampoo bottles for air travel. It's smaller that 8oz (3.4 or 100ml iirc)?