PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Über Compound. WOW

Pages : [1] 2

HateSwirls
11-29-2013, 02:58 PM
So I ordered the Uber compound to correct the paint on a 2010 e550 but figured I'd try it out for the first time today.
I'm working on an 06 GMC pickup, not too bad but there are swirls and the paint looked dull.

The WG Über

For close to 30 years I've tried many compounds , some good, some not.
For awhile now I've been using m105 with great results but I'm here to tell all of you that this WG compound is hands down the best I've ever used.

It cuts very fast, finishes down like a fine polish and a breeze to wipe off, impressed? I'm very impressed with this product.
It's hard to tell from the pic I took due to the color but hoping to get a shot to show you guys what I'm talking about.
I always said I'd never give up my 105, well I found something a lot better.
No dusting, spreads very well and I can work it forever if I chose to.

From where I stand I can't see one single flaw, the shine is insane, not sure why I'd do the second step, I may do it just to see if I can tell if it makes a difference, it finishes down that good folks:dblthumb2:

If you're looking for a killer compound that finishes down as good as the m205 then please do yourself a favor and order some.
I can tell you it will save a lot of time correcting this truck and the Benz I'll be doing next week.

Below is a picture of just using the Über , I hope to get a decent 50/50 shot for you guys.

I'm using my GG6 with an orange pad.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/vpcajun/20131129_130702_zps7501ad05.jpg

spiralout462
11-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I completely agree! Awesome stuff! The first time I used it I couldn't believe how good it finished. I thought it was fillers playing tricks on me. Then I cleaned the panel with Panel Wipe and it looked even better!

HateSwirls
11-29-2013, 03:10 PM
I did the same, I was like no way it removed the defects as fast as it did but after an ISP wipe donwn all I saw was beautiful paint:dblthumb2:

I don't know of any of compound I ever used that compares to the WG Über.

I completely agree! Awesome stuff! The first time I used it I couldn't believe how good it finished. I thought it was fillers playing tricks on me. Then I cleaned the panel with Panel Wipe and it looked even better!

jankerson
11-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Very cool. :xyxthumbs:

I got some coming also to try it out. :dblthumb2:

WRAPT C5Z06
11-29-2013, 03:24 PM
On soft black paint, it will definitely leave marring. However, it have very good attributes. Nice product.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Nice review.

Haven't used Uber yet but I love FG400.

JSou
11-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Nice review. I share the same opinions, I love it.

HateSwirls
11-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Lifting on the last pass sure makes a difference in how it finishes.
Can't wait to see how it corrects on the 2010 e550 I'll be doing next weekend.:dblthumb2:

hernandez.art13
11-29-2013, 06:20 PM

^ this whole front end was repainted. I sanded the dirts with 1,000 then sanded the whole front end with 1500 and then finished with 3000.

I then tried some Wolfgang Uber compound on a Dewalt and a wool pad. The compound cut lightning fast and finished out really nice...

HateSwirls
11-29-2013, 06:24 PM
I have to sand from time to time so this is great news:dblthumb2:

^ this whole front end was repainted. I sanded the dirts with 1,000 then sanded the whole front end with 1500 and then finished with 3000.

I then tried some Wolfgang Uber compound on a Dewalt and a wool pad. The compound cut lightning fast and finished out really nice...

HateSwirls
12-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Well I'm done compounding the 3/4 ton GMC using the WG Über compound.

My thoughts after using it for many hours.

I primed the pad then used 3 dime size drops on an orange hex pad along with my GG6.

Spreading the product

I found if you spread it in two directions it gives you a nice coat to work with, one pass seems not enough to get good coverage.
This truck is an 06' model,true truck wasn't in the worst shape but it was dull and had swirls so a compound was needed.

On avg. I made three passes using slow arm speed , I found out that you don't have to use as much pressure like when using the 105 which saves on the arms with very little dusting.
I was surprised to see its correction abilities, nothing like I've ever used, the shine it leaves behind is incredible , amazing really for an aggressive compound.

I followed by using 205 but really wasn't needed , if you wanted to skip step two you could, I couldn't see any difference using the 205 but I polished the entire truck anyway.
It wipes off almost as easy as of the 205, it does appear to smear but not bad, I hit it with a mist of water after I wiped off the Über which was faster than trying to wipe off all of the residue by just using a MF towel alone.

Removes water spots on glass too just using an orange pad so that's another benefit:dblthumb2:

Bottom line

It's by far the best compound I've ever used in my 30 years of detailing, it's worth the money.
If you have been thinking about buying it than I say buy it, you won't have any regrets, it works as advertised:dblthumb2:

Today I'll do an ISP wipe down and seal it with WG Gloss Sealant, the truck already has this deep, glossy look, can't wait to see the end results.
Then I'll seal all black trim and plastics using WG Trim Sealant.
The guy will flip when he sees his restored truck, I'm doing his e550 Benz next weekend so I'll really put the Über to a test.

I rate it at 5 stars and some:dblthumb2:

Goodbye 105, you were good to me but I found a new love.

jpegs13
12-01-2013, 08:07 AM
My new go to polish.. great stuff

jankerson
12-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Sounds great. :xyxthumbs:

It sounds like it could be used in a two step package, polish/wax if it finishes out like that.

Might be interesting to see how it works with a White pad..... Hmmmm.

HateSwirls
12-01-2013, 08:19 AM
I first used the white pad and almost got away with it, for some it would have been fine, for my car it would have but it's for a customer and wanted it close to 100% as I could get the 7 year old truck.

Using the white pad I wiped the Über off then repeated, looked flawless but it would have taken twice as long.
The orange hex pad was the perfect pad for this finish. :dblthumb2:

Sounds great. :xyxthumbs:

It sounds like it could be used in a two step package, polish/wax if it finishes out like that.

Might be interesting to see how it works with a White pad..... Hmmmm.

jankerson
12-01-2013, 08:24 AM
I first used the white pad and almost got away with it, for some it would have been fine, for my car it would have but it's for a customer and wanted it close to 100% as I could get the 7 year old truck.

Using the white pad I wiped the Über off then repeated, looked flawless but it would have taken twice as long.
The orange hex pad was the perfect pad for this finish. :dblthumb2:

OK, I was thinking because I also use M105 on a Polishing pad as a polish sometimes.... As I am sure you have also.

It really sounds like this would be the ticket on a White pad from what you are saying using it as a polish. :xyxthumbs: