PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a strong safe wheel cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

FMINUS
06-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Right now I am using PB wheel spray, and also CGs wheel spray. I have heard these may be too strong and can strip the clearcoat over time. Any other suggestions?

Im thinking P21S Gel but Its a little pricey, so any suggestions would be helpful. THanks!

orngez
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
use car wash soap and a black wheel shmitt...if you step down on chemical cleaning power you often have to upgrade mechanical abbrasives...its the unfortunate truth...a good thing is also that new power washer you bought...just the pressure alone from that will blast of most grime with the vario spray wand...dont use the power blasting wand...that will begin to blast off paint :)

ScottB
06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Buy the P21S in larger sizes, then realize you use very little and it will last for months and months.

FMINUS
06-26-2007, 05:48 PM
use car wash soap and a black wheel shmitt...if you step down on chemical cleaning power you often have to upgrade mechanical abbrasives...its the unfortunate truth...a good thing is also that new power washer you bought...just the pressure alone from that will blast of most grime with the vario spray wand...dont use the power blasting wand...that will begin to blast off paint :)

I would use the schmitt (i have the black one) but my wheels have too many spokes and it doesnt work that well in the deep parts.

So do you agree that the CG and PB may be too harsh?

Would the P21s Gel be gentle enough?

Truls
06-26-2007, 05:52 PM
As killr says, buy P21s i larger cans, you dont need to use much, and keep alittle distance to the wheels when spraying. it sticks very well, and cleans great.

Ive got myself a 5 liter can of it, and that lasts for many many wheels.

ScottB
06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
might be a good time to use the 15% off sale thats going on !

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I've been told by a detailing bud that a better alternative to PB's is amazing Roll Off cut 50% with water. No acid,no danger, works better.

Going to get a gallon on my next order!!!!

Ivan Rajic
06-26-2007, 06:31 PM
I use P21S and Meguiar's wheel brightener... Meg's WB should be diluted 4:1 per instructions, but I do it 5-6:1 and use only on painted wheels, as it dulls polished ones.

P21S from my experience is gentle enough for anything but it is a bit pricier compared to others.

D
06-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Between PB, P21S, and DP. PB cleans the best, then P21S, then DP. But P21S and DP are safer then PB.

I just finished my bottle of P21S. Got a new bottle of PB coming. Once I finish my bottle of DP, Ill get a new bottle of P21S. Having PB and P21S in stock will cover everything.

FMINUS
06-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Between PB, P21S, and DP. PB cleans the best, then P21S, then DP. But P21S and DP are safer then PB.

I just finished my bottle of P21S. Got a new bottle of PB coming. Once I finish my bottle of DP, Ill get a new bottle of P21S. Having PB and P21S in stock will cover everything.

Does the Gel use the same sprayer as the regualr P21S? I was thinking about getting the refill size gel but using the old P21S regular wheel spray bottle sprayer

FMINUS
06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
might be a good time to use the 15% off sale thats going on !

Yea my order is up to $350 now...

D
06-26-2007, 07:03 PM
No idea. Ive only used the regular P21S

Zymol
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I would use the schmitt (i have the black one) but my wheels have too many spokes and it doesnt work that well in the deep parts.

So do you agree that the CG and PB may be too harsh?

Would the P21s Gel be gentle enough?
FMINUS - Yes both versions of the P21S wheel cleaners are PH balanced and safe enough. They have the endorsement of pretty well every German auto manufacturer.

My good buddy (Nica) Carlos and I purchased both standard spay bottles of P21S Gel as well as 5 Liter containers for our detailing of high end vehicles and vehicles with expensive OEM and after market wheels.
I also purchased the 5 Litre container of P21S Total Auto Wash.

Consider replacing the standard sprayer that comes with the pre bottled P21S products mentioned, with a foaming head sprayer (like the Meguiars foaming sprayer heads), and that will put a smile on your face. You can even foam spray the P21S Gel and you will use less product and the product clings even better.
So you can actually make the standard P21S Wheel Cleaner cling better using this method.

Years ago, I use to sell P21S products in conjunction with my Auto Detailing business.
I have only positive things to say about P21S products.

Take advantage of autogeeks Big 4th of July sale and go for the P21S in the 5 Litre jugs.

Cheers,
Larry B

budman3
06-26-2007, 07:24 PM
You could cut the PB Spray and Rinse 1:1 with water (or more) if you are concerned that it is too strong.

Ivan Rajic
06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
FMINUS - Yes both versions of the P21S wheel cleaners are PH balanced and safe enough. They have the endorsement of pretty well every German auto manufacturer.

My good buddy (Nica) Carlos and I purchased both standard spay bottles of P21S Gel as well as 5 Liter containers for our detailing of high end vehicles and vehicles with expensive OEM and after market wheels.
I also purchased the 5 Litre container of P21S Total Auto Wash.

Consider replacing the standard sprayer that comes with the pre bottled P21S products mentioned, with a foaming head sprayer (like the Meguiars foaming sprayer heads), and that will put a smile on your face. You can even foam spray the P21S Gel and you will use less product and the product clings even better.
So you can actually make the standard P21S Wheel Cleaner cling better using this method.

Years ago, I use to sell P21S products in conjunction with my Auto Detailing business.
I have only positive things to say about P21S products.

Take advantage of autogeeks Big 4th of July sale and go for the P21S in the 5 Litre jugs.

Cheers,
Larry B

Any advantages of gel over regular P21S wheel cleaner?? I can see gel is more expensive, and I've only dealt with the regular one...