PDA

View Full Version : Watch your step!

2007M6
11-29-2013, 05:50 AM
I have no idea how I scraped the plastic that my leather driver seat sits on. I've seen scrapes on a few cars I've detailed around the same area. Usually caused by a tough shoe, heel, hard kick, etc. If it was a lighter color like beige, you can see the mark better. I usually use a scraping pad and some type of interior cleaner to get the black out on light color plastics, but the mark is still there. Hey at least it's clean.

Hazcat
11-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Do you think you could use some sort of black dye and touch it up? It doesn't look too bad. I'd probably wait until there are more.

bsmith0404
11-29-2013, 07:27 AM
And I thought I was anal....if this bothers you, don't ever buy a new Camaro, you can't get in and out of those things without doing this to the seat, door sill, or bottom of the door. My wife always hits the bottom of the door with her shoes, drives me nuts.

dcjredline
11-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Don't buy ANY Camaro or Firebird... they are ALL like that, I have had a 79 and my 89 both are almost impossible to get in or out of without scrapping something. Just awkward vehicles to enter or exit period

bsmith0404
11-29-2013, 09:13 AM
But fun to drive! Of course I like my vette better.

allenk4
11-29-2013, 09:14 AM
I have had success on the hard black plastic in my Yukon using a lighter to gently heat the plastic.

Others have suggested using a hair dryer and then progressing to a heat gun and then a lighter as last resort.

2007M6
11-30-2013, 03:14 AM
Do you think you could use some sort of black dye and touch it up? It doesn't look too bad. I'd probably wait until there are more.

I'm not going to mess with it. As long as it doesn't impair my driving.

2007M6
11-30-2013, 03:16 AM
And I thought I was anal....if this bothers you, don't ever buy a new Camaro, you can't get in and out of those things without doing this to the seat, door sill, or bottom of the door. My wife always hits the bottom of the door with her shoes, drives me nuts.

LOL. Oh yea, my gf kicks the and scrapes the bottom with her heels and it drives me crazy too. I guess I'm not the only Analguy out there.:dblthumb2: