PDA

View Full Version : PC White Pad

CowboyTruckn
11-28-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm curious as to what people do if anything with the pad that comes with the PC. Also how do you get it off the backing plate? I think mine is stuck. I don't want to rip it.

HateSwirls
11-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Throw it in the trash.
Really it's no good, it will only cause you problems.

If you keep it may be used to put a bonnet over it to remove wax.

You can't remove it from the BP then put another pad on it.
It's not a hook and loop type plate.

DaHen
11-28-2013, 10:08 AM
I've used the white pad with various products.
When removing it from the backing plate, don't pull from the foam. Get your finger under the back of the pad, between the pad and the plate and roll it off from the backing plate. They use some darn good Velcro these days.
Ya might have to say some magic words while getting a good grip on the Velcro, lol.
Good luck.

MarkD51
11-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Agreed with above, good idea about a bonnet.

As the folks told me here when I bought my PC. get at least one, or perhaps two new LC Backing Plates, the 5", to use 5.5" Pads, and perhaps a 3.5" Plate to use 4" Pads for smaller areas.

If/when ordering such, it will be wise to order yourself a small pack of Backing Plate Fiber Washers to have on hand as spares, and always insure you are using one of those washers with any Backing Plate you install on your DA Machine.
Mark

MarkD51
11-28-2013, 10:15 AM
I've used the white pad with various products.
When removing it from the backing plate, don't pull from the foam. Get your finger under the back of the pad, between the pad and the plate and roll it off from the backing plate. They use some darn good Velcro these days.
Ya might have to say some magic words while getting a good grip on the Velcro, lol.
Good luck.

As HateSwirls states, the Backing Plate with White Pad that comes included with the PC 7424XP does not have a removable Foam Pad, it is glued to the Backing Plate.
Mark

DaHen
11-28-2013, 10:36 AM
As HateSwirls states, the Backing Plate with White Pad that comes included with the PC 7424XP does not have a removable Foam Pad, it is glued to the Backing Plate.
Mark

O, ok. I was visualizing something else. The OP did mention a "PC". :doh:

Thanks for correcting me. Now, I'll go have my Thanksgiving coffee.

drvnbysound
11-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I used it for polishing glass (with some Detailer's Pro Glass Restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp515.html))... it was my first time using the PC and I wanted to give it a test run on something I knew I couldn't mess up ;)

CowboyTruckn
11-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I used it for polishing glass (with some Detailer's Pro Glass Restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp515.html))... it was my first time using the PC and I wanted to give it a test run on something I knew I couldn't mess up ;)

Sounds like a good idea. I have never paid much attention to the pad as u went directly to my backing plate I bought also. Looked just like a cheap pad and didn't know if anyone had actually used it for something.