PDA

View Full Version : first paying job // ACURA

Pages : [1] 2

mrclean
11-27-2013, 07:15 PM
hello guys.. im excited. today i got someone to let me do some work on their car i actually made some money and its only my 3rd car ive ever done. the first two that i practice on was on my honda accord and than with the beast, my moms sequoia. they both turned out pretty good, one gym buddy noticed my car all shiny and asked where i gotten it done.. i told him i did it myself. he asked me if i would be able to do the same for his acura. he than mentioned he had swirls. i figured i would take on the challenge..fingers crossed. he shows up today at my house and leaves me the acura and tells me hes only wants the swirls removed and wants a wax. mind you.. this is the first time i ever gave out a price.. i told him that i would do it for $80 and i explained to him what i was going to do. hand wash, clay it.. well in my case i dont clay.. i use the nano pad on my pc.. alot faster if you ask me. after that i was going to polish and than wax. i told him that $80 was the lowest i could go and that it was going to be a 4hr process. he agreed. and so i began.

right after i washed it.. the paint wasnt in bad shape. and the swirls were really just on one panel.

this was the big eyesore, seemed like someone tried to remove something with i dont know what, but all i know is that it looked horrible

i just had to do the compounding and cutting process on this side.. the rest of the car just got a two in one polish process.

final results

final results

i think i did a decent job, i dunno, what you guys think? he was pretty happy. swirls were gone, car is shinny again.. and as an extra i cleaned his wheels. i know some of you may say i did for too low $ but i wasnt thinking about the money really, i was more concern on him being impressed and telling his co workers or family and friends about the good job i did..

TopThatDetail
11-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Great job man!! At this point your just starting out don't worry about the money.. It will come .:dblthumb2:

VP Mark
11-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Great job!! Everyone needs to start somewhere and that is a great start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Paul Mitchell
11-27-2013, 08:01 PM
You should have a very happy customer. Car looks great.

mrclean
11-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Great job man!! At this point your just starting out don't worry about the money.. It will come .:dblthumb2:

Thanks for the feedback! I wasnt really worried about the money, if anything i just wanted the "experience" out of this job..nice to meet u

mrclean
11-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Great job!! Everyone needs to start somewhere and that is a great start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Thanks! I did the polishing with the Megs 205 like u suggested in your post!

kochdalton87
11-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Great job! Car looks a lot better than it did when he dropped it off. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll find yourself with plenty of work in the future. Just curious, were you able to stick to your time prediction?

mrclean
11-27-2013, 08:13 PM
You should have a very happy customer. Car looks great.

I really appreciate your opinion! He really was happy...specially when he noticed those swirls, not squirels...gone..lol!

mrclean
11-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Great job! Car looks a lot better than it did when he dropped it off. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll find yourself with plenty of work in the future. Just curious, were you able to stick to your time prediction?

Nice of u to notice, and thank u for the kind words..i was also tracking time like u mentioned.. I started at 1pm, and i was removing the wax by 5 pm.

Pureshine
11-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Great job keep it up :)

Bill1234
11-27-2013, 10:26 PM
nice job, I started like you, got into auto care younger than a driveable age, went to practice on family cars then friends. Start low and get experience, kinda like an unpaid intership with a car, then go for the good jobs like 100 dollar sedans and 150 -300 for body on frame suvs and pickup trucks

pikiki
11-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Looking great!!!
Keep up the good job man, and learn as much as you can brother.

mrclean
11-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Great job keep it up :)

thank you very much, i really like it so i think i will keep at it:buffing:

rousher99
11-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Looks great dude

10secdream
11-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Great job keep up the great work.