PDA

View Full Version : newbie in need of advice

classicroad27
11-27-2013, 01:41 PM
hi I am wanting to start a mobile car wash (and eventually full detailing). I just want to start a basic car wash to start. My question comes I have a very low budget so I cant afford a generator or water tank yet. Can I set it up at first that the customer provide the water and electricity? And since at first I am starting in peoples driveways can i get by with no water tank for the first few months?

VP Mark
11-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Optimum No Rinse. Learn it, love it, live it.

It is an amazing product that gives amazing results.

Evan.J
11-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Optimum No Rinse. Learn it, love it, live it.

It is an amazing product that gives amazing results.

:iagree:

If budget is an issue then you will love ONR. Has many uses other than a rinseless wash.

classicroad27
11-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Wow thanks guys. I will do that. If Im reading right that eliminates the need for a water hose even. Plus I can use the being waterless and environment clean to market my business.....thanks again!

classicroad27
11-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Will it work on cars that are extremely dirty?

Evan.J
11-27-2013, 05:14 PM

Yes, and what I have found I like to do is for extra dirty areas pre soak them by spraying the ONR onto the panel first.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvhyJix0IVs]Part 1 - How to use a Rinseless Car Wash to wash your car - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmXZG85dByk]Part 2 - How to use a Rinseless Car Wash to wash your car - YouTube[/video]

VP Mark
11-27-2013, 06:27 PM

It will work on what I consider "moderately" dirty cars. I will bring out my foam gun and pressure washer if the vehicle has grime on it that I would not be able to get off with the ONR wash.

You might be surprised what can be done with an ONR wash. What I consider moderately dirty most members here would consider downright filthy. My best recommendation for doing regular ONR washes is to buy a bunch of quality dedicated ONR towels, and use them for only that. I keep two ONR towel containers, one for clean one for dirty.

Buy a bucket to where you can measure your water exactly and a measuring cup to measure exactly the amount of ONR you need. Do NOT just "give it a pour" anything more than the recommended dilution will not help, you are just waiting fairly expensive product.

If you have any more questions about ONR washing, please ask in the thread or PM me. I probably have +- 1,000 under my belt.

classicroad27
11-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys. I'm glad I discovered this. The other questions I have are about choosing a name for the business (which I posted in another thread). in the name do I need to say mobile car wash or mobile detailing. Right now I will only offer basic rinseless car wash and wax and vacuum.

VP Mark
11-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Mobile detailing. You will be detailing in no time and once you start it as a car wash it will be hard to change over. Detailing demands higher prices also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

classicroad27
11-27-2013, 07:29 PM
thanks man. Any advice on prices lists and what I should charge?

VP Mark
11-27-2013, 08:28 PM
It would be really hard for anyone to give you advice on that without a lot more information. Where do you live, what is your financial situation(as in do you need to make a living of this and nothing else), what is your skill level, what are your competitors doing. Give us some in depth background and maybe we can give you at least some general advice.