PDA

View Full Version : Paint sprayer for presoak?

cshamilton
11-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Hey guys, long time lurker-finally joined a month or two back.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with DIY foam-cannon-style presoak applicators? I ask because the best thing I've used in the past (before I bought an actual foam cannon) was something I made myself. I rigged a tip from one of my ProForce foaming spray bottles (from Samsclub) to a hand pump sprayer.

This worked great until I got tired of pumping to keep the constant pressure. I had an idea to buy one of those wagner style electric paint sprayers. I figured that since they use air to force the paint out, maybe putting a soap/water mix in the tank would result in a good foamy mix. Well, I never got around to it, but now that I have an air compressor, I was thinking about picking up a pneumatic paint sprayer and giving it a shot. Does anyone have any idea if either of these ideas would work? I want to help a friend out, but also, just love to tinker with this stuff. There's too many different types of sprayers to just go buy them all, so I searched and couldn't find anything. I figured I could see if any of you had any idea if this would work; or, someone may know why it would/wouldn't.

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-27-2013, 04:03 AM
Welcome to AGO.

I dont know if this has been tried or not but it does sound interesting. Let us know if you pursue it and make something work.

HateSwirls
11-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Hmmmmm, I have one of those paint sprayers,I may try it this weekend :)
I'm thinking it would produce a lot of foam.

bsmith0404
11-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Please do try it and let us know how it works. I have an old sprayer that came with my air compressor somewhere. Have never actually used it, but if this works it would be worth trying to figure out where I stashed it away.

HateSwirls
11-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Sure thing, if it works good I'll do a video on it:)

ken tuep
11-27-2013, 07:48 AM
I would think it would atomize the soap mixture too fine. If it had a huge tip, 2.3 or larger you might be OK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

cshamilton
11-27-2013, 08:28 AM
I would think it would atomize the soap mixture too fine. If it had a huge tip, 2.3 or larger you might be OK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

This was my thinking. That's why I had to add the foaming tip to the pump sprayer; it was just spraying a mist of soapy water at first. I was hoping someone would have a few different tips/sprayers laying around to test out. I'm going to get a sprayer this weekend to use for dressings and what not, so I will try that with soap and water first.