PDA

View Full Version : Survey: Public opinions of Professional Auto Detailers

3000rpm
11-26-2013, 06:03 PM
We surveyed 80 American car owners and discovered that they’re more willing to pay a pro than we expected if:

The price is right.
They believe they can’t do the job themselves.

Read on (http://appliedcolors.com/survey-what-80-random-americans-think-of-professional-auto-detailers.html) and discover what changes you can make to your detailing business to reach a bigger audience.

Romans5.8
11-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Interesting!

I think number 2 is a biggie. I don't think some places (not all) could get away with the prices they charge on basic maintenance items like oil changes and brakes if people realized just how easy of a job it is to do.

(Not that detailing is easy- but, if the techniques used were common knowledge the market would be awfully thin!)

VP Mark
11-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Great article! It really speaks towards the volume side of the business, but this is information everyone can learn from.

Pureshine
11-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Thank you for sharing the article :) The one thing I read is ask your customers to wright reviews I don't agree with that.

hernandez.art13
11-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the information 3000 RPM. When I show people my car (non detailers, muggles :D )

Well I first show them my paint and all they say is "oh, shiny" but when they look at the inside. That is where they start inspecting. ^ So the info on the link actually makes sense and that is why I want to be learning even more interior detailing.

AutowerxDetailing
11-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks so much for sharing this info. I read this and immediately added a PayPal gift certificate option to my website. It took me about 15 mins to do (including creating a business account) and just in time for the holidays!!!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!

U.C.D.L.L.C.
11-27-2013, 08:22 AM
That was a very informative article. Kinda put everything in perspective as to what we should be doing and for those of us who are already doing those things keep doing them.
Great article.