PDA

View Full Version : Your website platform

SoFlo1
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM
For the ones who have a website for their business, what platform are you using?

drvnbysound
11-26-2013, 12:43 PM
I have one, but not for detailing... I use Wordpress, with a custom [child] theme that I made myself.

Many people don't realize that Wordpress is not only for blogging, but also has the ability to use standard static pages as well.

AutowerxDetailing
11-26-2013, 12:59 PM
I recently switched to WordPress and love the flexibility it offers. I can update everything in real time and add write ups for recent work without having to edit a bunch of html like before.

Sent from my HTC One V using AG Online

SoFlo1
11-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I have been using wordpress for about 4 years now. I don't make custom themes or anything though.

I am having a hard time finding the right theme for auto detailing.

Did you guys choose more of a blog template or a portfolio type theme?

greatwhitenorth
11-26-2013, 01:26 PM
I use webs.com and I find it very user friendly since I'm not a computer genius

drvnbysound
11-26-2013, 01:32 PM
I have been using wordpress for about 4 years now. I don't make custom themes or anything though.

I am having a hard time finding the right theme for auto detailing.

Did you guys choose more of a blog template or a portfolio type theme?

I actually used one of the default themes, and made some slight adjustments via a child theme. When you view the main pages of my site, it doesn't look like a blog or a portfolio...

For those who are interested in using Wordpress and want to make some changes, the use of a child theme is invaluable, as the changes remain even when updates occur.

Pureshine
11-26-2013, 04:44 PM
I use ipage drag and drop very easy to use and updates real time.

Kengo123
11-27-2013, 12:06 AM
i use wix

very easy to use, like ipage and others