PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek is AWESOME, but the peanuts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GMmuscle86
06-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Autogeek is really excellent! Good prices on items and a vast array of products which makes it even better! However, the thing I can't stand is the peanuts that are in the boxes when you open the box. Not only are those things terrible for the environment but they stick to you, and you really have to try to keep them in box when you’re removing your products. Just idk maybe I'm the only one that thinks this but they are just a pain to deal with. I'm not here to bash on how Autogeek ships products because they always come in a timely manner and are packaged nicely in the box as well. I just think if Autogeek wanted improve on something to think about maybe using something else other than the peanuts. Maybe think about those bags that look like ziplock bags with air inside or some other type of packing that wouldn't leave a mess. I just think that this could even further make Autogeek topnotch. Thank you!

BILL
06-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Autogeek is really excellent! Good prices on items and a vast array of products which makes it even better! However, the thing I can't stand is the peanuts that are in the boxes when you open the box. Not only are those things terrible for the environment but they stick to you, and you really have to try to keep them in box when you’re removing your products. Just idk maybe I'm the only one that thinks this but they are just a pain to deal with. I'm not here to bash on how Autogeek ships products because they always come in a timely manner and are packaged nicely in the box as well. I just think if Autogeek wanted improve on something to think about maybe using something else other than the peanuts. Maybe think about those bags that look like ziplock bags with air inside or some other type of packing that wouldn't leave a mess. I just think that this could even further make Autogeek topnotch. Thank you!

i agree....very messy...........those peanuts......

ehuth1
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Quick fix. Take box over to trash can, then lean it over, dumping the peanuts in the trash can. Be sure to pour slow and you should be good.

Once the peanuts are about half gone, pull your bags out and strip the peanuts from them and toss back into the box.

Waxmax
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Agree.....an environmental no no.

MikeyC
06-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Quick fix. Take box over to trash can, then lean it over, dumping the peanuts in the trash can. Be sure to pour slow and you should be good.

Once the peanuts are about half gone, pull your bags out and strip the peanuts from them and toss back into the box.

The only problem with that is I've had my trash can knocked over a few times while it's at the curb waiting for trash pick up. Then I have peanuts all over my street, driveway and front lawn. If I keep them in the box this won't happen.

ehuth1
06-26-2007, 08:45 AM
The only problem with that is I've had my trash can knocked over a few times while it's at the curb waiting for trash pick up. Then I have peanuts all over my street, driveway and front lawn. If I keep them in the box this won't happen.

Ok if you don't want them in the street, line the can with a garbage bag..

AUdakota
06-26-2007, 08:51 AM
I think this has been brought up before.....

As a side note they taste fantastic with ketchup or hot sauce.

paradog
06-26-2007, 08:56 AM
you could always drive to AG and purchase the items.........j/k.

scottinflorida
06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
I completely agree that the white polystyrene peanuts are bad. I too wish that AutoGeek would consider another alternative. If I had to pay more for shipping to get something more environmentally friendly, I would.

Link: Polystyrene-foam Packaging Peanuts - ReliableAnswers.com (http://reliableanswers.com/general/packaging_peanuts.asp)

"Those little white polystyrene-foam packaging peanuts are nearly ubiquitous in our pack-and-ship culture, but they are no good for the environment, let alone human health. The basic building block of polystyrene is the non-recyclable chemical compound styrene. Chronic exposure to styrene is associated with central nervous system damage as well as skin, eye and respiratory irritation, depression, fatigue and compromised kidney function. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the International Agency for Research on Cancer both consider styrene a possible human carcinogen."

AUdakota
06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
or you can dissolve them in gasoline and make a nice napalm substitute.

Disclaimer: DO NOT DO THIS!!

Bob Who
06-26-2007, 09:24 AM
There really not to bad some are saltier than others, but the kids really love them !!!!

AUdakota
06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
good point bob, maybe I will call all the local day care centers and see if they want some donations for snack time.

devst8
06-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I completely agree that the white polystyrene peanuts are bad. I too wish that AutoGeek would consider another alternative. If I had to pay more for shipping to get something more environmentally friendly, I would.

x2

pt91
06-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Do what I do and put them into a plastic bag and reuse them for shipping. If not you can find someone that ships things (ebay sellers, etc.) and donate them. They are expensive to buy at office supply stores.
I think there is a natural version that melts in water.

trlblazer3
06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I always keep my boxes and the shipping peanuts to re-use later for eBay shipping and also to ship samples to other members. Between myself and my dad, none go to waste in our household!