PDA

View Full Version : Paintless Dent Repair

sweatthedetails
11-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Well it's winter. Time to switch gears, move away from the detailing and start to concentrate on the PDR aspect of my business. Not perfect, still a little wave to it but if your not looking for it, you would never see it. Not too bad for not doing any serious pushing in a couple months.

www.SweatTheDetails.Time2Detail.com
www.Facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Paul Mitchell
11-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Much improved! Is PDR your main source of income in the winter?

sweatthedetails
11-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Nope it's a side business of my detailing side business. I'm full time Coast Guard. I'm in our hangar in those shots, you can see one of our helicopters in the reflection, big orange blob.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Nicely done.

swanicyouth
11-25-2013, 08:20 AM
PDR is amazing. I almost kissed my PDR guy when he got the dent out of my BMW from when a bucket dropped on it. I never had a dent my guy hasn't made look perfect.

Nice Work !!!

vet
11-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Great job! And, thanks for serving!

DetailKitty
11-25-2013, 10:13 AM
PDR is an art form in itself.

Nicely done :xyxthumbs:

Rockeey
11-25-2013, 10:45 AM
PDR is an art form in itself.

Nicely done :xyxthumbs:

SO TRUE !!!! It takes some real skill and patience.

Paul Mitchell
11-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Nope it's a side business of my detailing side business. I'm full time Coast Guard. I'm in our hangar in those shots, you can see one of our helicopters in the reflection, big orange blob.

Macomb Dents & Details: Car Detailing and Paintless Dent Removal (http://www.SweatTheDetails.Time2Detail.com)

So you're in the Coast Guard. Now I know why I like you! I was a second class storekeeper in the C.G. and served from 1966 to 1970 and spent 1.5 years at the San Diego Air Station on Harbor Drive. :dblthumb2:

sweatthedetails
11-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks Paul, there are a lot of Coasties on this site. I think that the OCD required for detailing is attractive to a lot of service members.

Harry Da Hamster
11-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Awesome job!

Some jerk left a nasty dent on a sharp body line of my ride. I made quick work of the paint transfer with a Flex 3401, M105, and M205. And my PDR guy was able to remove pretty much all the dent and fixed the body line though the body line was no longer as "sharp". He commented that the body line was no longer there because of the impact so he had to re-form it using the PDR process. Can't see the damage any more unless your inches away and looking for it.

The picture below doesn't look so bad cause i was so pissed when i saw it and i didn't bother taking a nice picture that illustrates it well. But the bulk of the impact was on the body line but paint transfer extended about an inch and a half below and there was a huge crown around the entire area which leads me to believe it was a pretty damn hard impact.

VeloNYC
11-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Great job. This thing requires a talent. I had 5 dents over a year, on a brand new car. All of them left by careless drivers and their passengers. I know how painful it can be, so sweatthedetails thank you for serving:props: By now they all fixed at once and I left my PDR guy with blessing not to get new ones :bowdown:

sweatthedetails
11-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks Velo. Anony that is a pretty good lick there. Body lines always make them tricky because that is were most of the pressure is held. Just curious what he charged you for that? Prices very greatly depending on were your at. Did he go down the window? I would bid it between 60-100 depending on the access. Of course I'm in one of the most depressed regions in the US.

kochdalton87
11-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Great job! I'm always amazed at what results can be achieved on somewhat sharp body lines. Keep up the good work.

JDGolden
11-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Very nice work. Ever venture west towards the Ann Arbor area? My Dad has a door ding he wants out.