PDA

View Full Version : Bird droppings...

R4IDER
11-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Ok so yesterday i polished the hood becase it had bad waterspots all over , turns out the Cquartz i recieved was expired , no sheeting , beading , protection , anything , replacements are on the way though

So i gived the hood a menzerna 2500 and then some 3000 and finished with the wolfgang sealant

Today used the car , got 2 birds dropping on the hood. when i went to the garage , like 6hs later, BOTH ETCHED.

i mean... Come ON

what its funny its that one of them i cant even feel it with my thumb it just below the sealant , cause the paint feels butter smooth.

Really angry about this , a quick detailer wont touch it , using the most expensive mf towel of course will marr the paint , but not touch the friggin spot

rubbing some polish on an mf of course will just marr the paint also.

repolishing the area seems the only way to take the spots out

Its there anything , anything at all i can do not to have white stains on a suface polished and protected the day before???????

thx in advance

greatwhitenorth
11-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry :(

Re polish.

jpegs13
11-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Here's a whole thread on bird poop

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/24924-two-types-bird-dropping-etchings.html

allenk4
11-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Pictures Please

R4IDER
11-24-2013, 11:51 PM
so theres nothing out there that can protect the clear coat from a bird etch even removing them the same day. :(

R4IDER
11-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Pictures Please

sorry no pics at the moment. standar etching 1 perfectly rounded other one rectangular