PDA

View Full Version : GG or Rupes DA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tresca
11-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm considering one of these two to replace my old PC 7424, that is still running well, but does not have enough power and the vibration is becoming a problem for these older hands.

How do these two machines compare in regards to vibration and durability?

VISITOR
11-24-2013, 02:28 PM
if you already have a PC, then get the rupes and delegate the PC with 4" pads for the tighter areas...

Rmd
11-24-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't have a rupes of my own and therefore don't have enough seat time to give you an extensive comparison, but I have used a rupes a few times. I have the GG and also have a first gen PC7424. The PC is used exclusively with a 3.5 backplate and 4" pads. It works well for that purpose and saves me time of switching backplates. The GG has a ton of torque, it can spin through almost anything. My experience with it is that it is rather loud and has a higher pitched motor whine than the PC or the Rupes. The rupes I used was a lot smoother than the GG for vibration. The GG does leave my hands a bit numb after using it for a couple hours, but my wrists are old were each broken and sprained at least once when I was a teenage skateboarder. Can't really compare noise because I was in a noisy environment when I used the rupes.
I would like a rupes no doubt, but if cost is something to consider for most people and if it plays into your decision, it will likely depend on how much you use the machines.

Detailing by M
11-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Really? those are two extremely different machines.
One is crap and the other is a real mans tool.
I'll let you guess which one is which.

Evan.J
11-24-2013, 02:49 PM

Lol too funny!

If you have the PC get the Rupes :props:

Tresca
11-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Rupes LHR 15 it is. Thanks!

CWallace
11-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Rupes LHR 15 it is. Thanks!

Get the 21 w/ 5 in backing plate!

Rsurfer
11-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Get the Duetto 12E. If you don't want the kit, you may have to wait.

custmsprty
11-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Get the LHR 15 and take advantage of the buffer sale and the 10% off. It's a great tool. I did this 05 Passat with mine yesterday.
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/blackfireblackice_zps027b12f0.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/blackfireblackice_zps027b12f0.jpg.html)

artofdetailing
11-24-2013, 04:41 PM

Wouldn't say its crap...its good for somebody starting out that wants something with a bit more malls than the PC

Klasse Act
11-24-2013, 05:31 PM

Are you calling the GG 6" RO crap?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

swanicyouth
11-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Neither machine is crap. The Griots has the power advantage over the Rupes, but that isn't what you asked. The Rupes is much smoother with little vibration at all.

You will need your PC for smaller pads.

greatwhitenorth
11-24-2013, 07:36 PM
I have the benefit of having the PC, gg, 3401 and the Bigfoot15 and I can say that the rupes 15 will be an easy transition from the PC and you will see/feel better results immediately

VISITOR
11-24-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm considering one of these two to replace my old PC 7424, that is still running well, but does not have enough power and the vibration is becoming a problem for these older hands.

How do these two machines compare in regards to vibration and durability?

if you aren't doing this for income where time is money then get the GG6 if you can't justify the cost difference (comes with an excellent warranty) of around $250-$300+. the GG6 is a very capable machine and given the pads and products available today there isn't really much you can't handle. the megs DA mf system was geared around their DA (not to say it won't work with others) and look at the results it produces. thy have some new mf pads coming out shortly here...

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System Part II - Enhancements & Additions - YouTube

Klasse Act
11-24-2013, 08:46 PM
I have the benefit of having the PC, gg, 3401 and the Bigfoot15 and I can say that the rupes 15 will be an easy transition from the PC and you will see/feel better results immediately

If I had the extra $500 burning a hole in my pocket and stepped up from my GG 6" RO to a Rupes equivelant, what would I have to learn/watch out for compared to the GG. IMO the way the GG works it insired confidence in whatever I'm working on that I will not burn the paint and I haven't and don't see how I could, I feel I use basic common sense when using my GG 6" RO. So any input by anyone here would be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online