PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever try selling products?

House of Wax
11-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Long story short, a product I was counting on having before detailing a car tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I stopped by several stores today looking for something to quick replace it but left empty handed, which leads me to my question...

Has anybody ever looked into being distributor of any sort on a local level? The few online vendors I frequent are wonderful, but there's times that it would be really nice to be able to just stop in somewhere and pick something up. All of the auto stores seem to just have the same crap, 85% of which I have no interest in.

I'm guessing maybe it's such a small niche market that it'd be hard to make a profit, but was just curious if anyone has done it or have a place like that where they live

pikiki
11-22-2013, 08:22 PM
I am from Orlando and there is at least one place I know that is a Ardex store and is better than nothing when something like that happened, btw sorry you went thru that situation. I got some feedbacks from some bros here that Ardex is not as good as other brands but for $7 or $8 dollars you can get a product that can do the job in a situation like yours.

geekdout
11-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Maybe you could develop a relationship with a few other local detailers and if this situation comes up again you could ask him or her to either sell you the product or just give it to you knowing that you would replace it.
You would be surprised how much you can actually find in the different auto parts stores. What were you looking for ?

DetailKitty
11-22-2013, 08:52 PM
I sell Prima products. I mainly just do it for fun.
I was actually approached by a company who sells it to be a reseller myself. The rest is history.
I don't try too hard to sell it. I belong to a local car club. I have a thread on their forum and they just contact me when they want something.