PDA

View Full Version : shelf life of car care products

k20z3kid
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
so... what is the average shelf life of car care products? im just curious to how long i can keep products around before i have to toss them.

Ivan Rajic
06-25-2007, 01:44 PM
4 years and 7 months :D

Most of the stuff will be fine for a long long time, unless exposed to certain, undesireable temperatures

trlblazer3
06-25-2007, 01:44 PM
From what I know and have experienced, most will last several years if not subject to freezing or excessive heat. I just bring everything inside during the colder months. I'm sure others can chime in with some more specifics.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I've been wondering the same thing.

I cleaned a local shop I had never been to out of his 303 protectant (2.50 for 8oz) and his #105 ($3 for 8oz) and after I opened the box I realized the products may be a bit old.

I was thinking about contacting DG to see if they'd swap me for new 105, anyone know how to go about that? I tried the email contact on the DG website but was wondering if they had a phone #.

supercharged
06-25-2007, 02:23 PM
so... what is the average shelf life of car care products? im just curious to how long i can keep products around before i have to toss them.
Keep them in a room temperature and tightly sealed and they should be good for 5+ years.

tnbug4me
06-25-2007, 02:29 PM
From what I know and have experienced, most will last several years if not subject to freezing or excessive heat. I just bring everything inside during the colder months. I'm sure others can chime in with some more specifics.

I don't have a lot of stuff since mine is for personal detailing. I think i will do like you bring them in during winter, since my garage isn't insulated.

ScottB
06-25-2007, 04:55 PM
waxes are usually more suseptible to heat and cold, sealants seem a little more stable. I would not use anything more than 3 years old unless sealed properly.