PDA

View Full Version : spray wax

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

weinerrace
11-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best spray wax for protection and durability Thanks Joe

swanicyouth
11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, Optimum Car Wax, Dodo's Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer all last a while.

PRicci09
11-21-2013, 12:10 PM
+1 for sonax brilliant shine

cleanmycorolla
11-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Pinnacle XMT spray wax. Problem is with questions like this almost every answer will be different. :-)

PRicci09
11-21-2013, 12:25 PM
DG Aquawax and Prima Hydro are also very good

Brody
11-21-2013, 12:53 PM
DG Aquawax

swanicyouth
11-21-2013, 12:59 PM
There are many good ones. But, only a few durable ones.

Klasse Act
11-21-2013, 01:04 PM
DG AW and Meg's USW/D156

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

dsg03gt
11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't know about durability but with the look Pinnacle souveran spray wax gave my car I don't care if I have to put it on every three days. Paint looks like glass.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/ydehutev.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FUNX650
11-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks is the
best spray wax for protection and durability
Optimum Car Wax.

Optimum Polymer Technologies is one company that took the time to have their
Spray Wax tested and patented, for providing UVA/UVB Protection.

Durability? Claims of up to 5 months.
Of course: YMMV.

:)

Bob

aim4squirrels
11-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Can I piggy back on this thread?

I was reading older threads in the ask the expert section and came across talk of beginning stages of clear coat failures. Causes alluded to were thinness from factory, lots of swirling/scratching, lack of UV protection in spray waxes, etc.

Optimum Spray Wax was listed as one formulated by Dr. G with known good UV protection back in 2010, but surely others have been developed in more recent times. I've seen claims on certain brands, but how does one know if the UV protection is truly adequate to protect the clear?

I guess an aside would be: Is there truly a way to halt clear coat degradation, or is it an eventuality on ever modern car due to the thin clear from the factory?

PA DETAILER
11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
prima hydro wax as u dry.

FUNX650
11-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Can I piggy back on this thread?

I was reading older threads in the ask the expert section and came across talk of beginning stages of clear coat failures. Causes alluded to were thinness from factory, lots of swirling/scratching, lack of UV protection in spray waxes, etc.

Optimum Spray Wax was listed as one formulated by Dr. G with known good UV protection back in 2010, but surely others have been developed in more recent times. I've seen claims on certain brands, but how does one know if the UV protection is truly adequate to protect the clear?

I guess an aside would be: Is there truly a way to halt clear coat degradation, or is it an eventuality on ever modern car due to the thin clear from the factory?
How much do you trust in a spray wax, like Optimum's, to have successfully passed the ASTM-tests
in order to have a patent issued to that affect...as did Dr. G?

Dr.G.---being a paint chemist...has alluded to the fact that CC-paint has a ½-life of ~5 years.
By extrapolating the ½-life/5-years...to a point-in-time:
You're looking at ~15 years before the expected life of CC-paint has nearly reached total-expiration.

IMHO...
If a vehicle receives, at least, the minimum of care (wash & wax) on a regular basis:
That vehicle's CC-paint should last the estimated ~15 years.

Question:
Will every vehicle owner abide by a regular wash & wax regimen?
A related factoid:
What's constitutes a regular regimen to one person,
may not exactly mean a regular regimen to another.

:)

Bob

jankerson
11-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I like D156 personally. :)

Between M135 and D156 one can keep the protection going for a long time between regular polishing and waxing.

Jaretr1
11-21-2013, 02:50 PM
I have been using XMT Spray wax with good results. Someone even commented to me yesterday "your car is always SOOO shiny". So I guess its working :)