PDA

View Full Version : Best Practice/Product to Clean Piano Black Plastic Interior

Mtnsummit
11-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Just got a new 2014 Mazda 6, which has some piano black plastic shiny trim items. I was wondering the best products to clean this without scratching, as this is virgin plastic and perfect now, I want to keep in that way!

Also, best product to clean the clear instrument panel plastic without scratching? Method to apply? Microfiber I assume. Recommended brand?

Thanks - have become obsessed reading these forums! :buffing:

Kengo123
11-21-2013, 02:48 AM
That shiny non textured plastic and the clear instrument panel plastic are prone to being scratched when you're actually using the car, which sucks

Use clean, slightly damp with water, soft microfiber to clean, and follow with a drier one. I'd avoid cleaning chemicals as long as possible since your ride is new, bc I feel any cleaning chemicals just degrade surfaces over time

I think you can use some sort of coating or sealant on those surfaces.. Maybe someone will chime in with an appropriate product p, if there is one

jamesboyy
11-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Just got a new 2014 Mazda 6, which has some piano black plastic shiny trim items. I was wondering the best products to clean this without scratching, as this is virgin plastic and perfect now, I want to keep in that way!

Also, best product to clean the clear instrument panel plastic without scratching? Method to apply? Microfiber I assume. Recommended brand?

Thanks - have become obsessed reading these forums! :buffing:

for the piano black trim i would put opti- coat on it but if you are on a budget then a coat of sealent like CG jetseal 109 or klasse sg
on it and put a coat of sealent on the gauge cluster not opti-coat as for cleaning you can use a interior cleaner with a plush microfiber and lightly wipe the plastic parts