PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash

stealth
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
I am in need of a waterless wash here in sw florida. But I'm not sure which would be the best product? I have never used a waterless wash so I have no clue which of the ones offered on AG are a good buy. I have been looking at the DP waterless wash and 4-1 product, as well as the Poorboy's waterless wash. Any suggestions on which to get? Are there more products I don't know about? Thanks for your input.

Jimmie
06-25-2007, 12:21 PM
There are a couple that you mix with water called rinseless wash. Is that what you mean? The DP 4 in 1 is one. Optimum No Rinse is another. Either of these get good reviews. I guess PB Spray and Wipe could be considered a waterless type.

ricka
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Big fan of the 4-1. Unless the car is an eyesore, I normally use it as a rinseless wash. In addition, I use it for a QD, clean light brake dust off wheels, and as a great clay lubricant--hence the 4-1 name. I would recommend using the two bucket method though.

supercharged
06-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I am in need of a waterless wash here in sw florida. But I'm not sure which would be the best product? I have never used a waterless wash so I have no clue which of the ones offered on AG are a good buy. I have been looking at the DP waterless wash and 4-1 product, as well as the Poorboy's waterless wash. Any suggestions on which to get? Are there more products I don't know about? Thanks for your input.
DP 4-in-1, or Optimum no Rinse.
Poorboy's Spray and Wipe is nice but is more of QD, I wouldn't use it it surface is too dirty.

budman3
06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Poorboy's Spray and Wipe can be used anything short of mud. You just have to use more product and more towels but that is a great product for washing without water. Its very easy to use, quite effective and will clean without swirling. The DP waterless auto wash is ok ... it lacks lubricity though and the towels like to drag on the paint more so compared to the S&W.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-25-2007, 02:01 PM
There is a product that truly is a waterless wash. In order to obide by the AG guidlines I will not mention on this forum (pm sent).

This product is sprayed on (AIO wash, polish, glaze) and buffed off (I know this sounds scary and goes against what we all know).

I know a guy who details and his cars look great and he uses this for customers.

Let me say again: I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY BUT the proof is in the puddin!!!

**Waitin' for the flames**

Strokin04
06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
There is a product that truly is a waterless wash. In order to obide by the AG guidlines I will not mention on this forum (pm sent).

This product is sprayed on (AIO wash, polish, glaze) and buffed off (I know this sounds scary and goes against what we all know).

Are you talking about CG's new product called "one" because I just ordered some to see what it is all about.

budman3
06-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Are you talking about CG's new product called "one" because I just ordered some to see what it is all about.

Either that or Dri Wash 'n Guard ... I'll stick to S&W :p

ehuth1
06-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I've been using Optimum's Rinseless for the past 6 washes and I'm impressed 100%. I love some DP 4N1 too, but the smell just turns me off. IF I had to use either I really would compare them neck and neck.

Scale 1-5

Lubricity - DP=3 OPR=4
Cleaning Ability First Swipe - DP=4 OPR=4
Uses least amount of product ratio Alot 1 Least Amount 5 - DP=3 OPR=5
Smell - DP=2 OPR=4
Drying time of water spots fast 5 slow 1 - DP=3 OPR=4

Overall - OPR Wins in my book.....;)

I use the rinseless system day in and day out due to GA water banning. I only use my trucks water tank when I have to do 3-5 in one shot, but lately I've been scheduling 2 hours apart and just bringing them home to do them. :( I MISS FOAM GUNNING !!:(

scottgt
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
dp 4-1 is the bomb!!!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Not Chemical Guys "one" or Dri Wash n' gaurd.

ScottB
06-25-2007, 04:44 PM
stick with DP or Optimum only ....

Strokin04
06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Not Chemical Guys "one" or Dri Wash n' gaurd.

Then what is it?

Strokin04
06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Also I thought the OP was wanting to know about a waterless wash and to me ONR / DP 4in1 still need water to wash. So PB s&w would be a real waterless wash and not just a rinseless wash.